Does Corel graphics suite 12 have a" magic wand " similar to Adobe Illustrator

Hi,

I'm a jewerly model maker  who creates some very complex models the old fashioned way ... By hand ...I also have Cad Cam capabilities , but my computer drawing skills are not up to snuff. As a result, I often have to switch out of Corel draw 12 to use certain features in Adobe Illustrator  like the         " magic Wand" . This feature allows you to select anything in your artwork, drawing or picture and make changes to it. You don't have to "break apart" the drawing to modify specific things... You simply grab the magic wand, click on the section you want to work on , it automatically allows you to do some serious changes to that section.

Does any one know if any of the corel programs might have a similar feature?

Thanks for any help.

DG

• Hi racecarjewelry,

Yep... Photo Paint (came with your 12 suite).  On the left hand side tool bar there is a square box that reads "rectangle mask tool" when you hold your mouse over it.  If you hold down your left mouse key it will open a fly out menu.  Next to last icon is the magic wand tool.

Rob

•  Hi

I have not used any of the Adobe products for quite a long time. You mentioned about magic wand tool in Illustator. Did you want to say Photoshop ? if yes then as Willstu says you have a magic wand tool in Photo Paint.

In CorelDRAW, you can CTRL Select an oject from a group to work on it without disturbing other objects and without ungrouping it.

• racecarjewelry said:
    ~ I often have to switch out of Corel draw 12 to use certain features in Adobe Illustrator  like the "Magic Wand" . This feature allows you to select anything in your artwork, drawing or picture and make changes to it.

Exactly what changes do you need/want to make? In Draw or PPaint?

If you supply us with this information I'm sure that someone will be able to give you simple instructions on how to do it without having to leave Draw. (It's probably a lot easier and more intuative than you think)