Cannot open file anymore, get Corel A.R.M.

Dear other Corel-users,

Since a while I'm using Coreldraw X3 and very happy with it.

However I sometime create files, which I cannot open anymore. I tried to recover them and googled the internet for possible solutions, but until it always ended up me recreating the files.

Until now.... but the file which I created yesterday contained a lot of work... I don't want to do it all over again. That's why I'm asking your help now. It's the menu for my brothers restaurant and the deadline is tomorrow :-(

The file is around 75 Mb, and contains multiple A3 pictures (explaining the size). I just realize that the problem always occurs when I converted a photo to duotone and then to CMYK.

When I'm opening the file the Corel A.R.M. starts and going through the screens it always ends up in a "hanging" Coreldraw, which I have to close with the taskmanager.

What I already did / tried:

• Service Pack 1 and 2 are already installed for a while
  • Using opening from inside Coreldraw results in the Corel A.R.M.
  • Opening the file from Windows explorer results in Coreldraw opening and keeps on "hanging"in the "file opening" mode
  • Opening a new document and importing the file results also in the Corel A.R.M.
  • The auto-backup file, which Corelddraw makes in the same directory, is shortly created before the final file and gives the same problems.
  • I started my computer in the safe-mode and tried to open the file in Coreldraw, but this also results in Corel A.R.M.

Does anyone recognize this problem and is able to give me a solution? Because I'm not looking forward to do all the work again....

Thanks in advance!

Peggy