Select by Color?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to select all objects and Artistic text by color, other than doing it manually?

Is there a way to do this when the objects are in different layers?

And, is there a way to select by color from two separate groups of "grouped" objects?

Many times I do a layout for vinyl signs, and when I work I like to keep organized by using separate layers for different sections of the design. When I start to figure out the estimate for a customer, one consideration I use is the overall square footage of each color as laid out in the design. I need to be able to select all of the same color without un-grouping and un-layering the work so I can check the overall dimension as designed of each separate color.

I suppose I could draw a single rectangle around all same color objects and text and then check it's measurements, but that could lead to accidentally missing an object if there are many of them.

• Hi! Dear,

It can be do,

for your first qustion : supose many objects like sqaures, text or curves filled with red colour and you want to select all red colour filled objects at a once so in corel cs-3 goto edit menu select find & replace---replace obeject than a pop up comes select replace a colour >next > choose in first window red (or whichever color you want to change) choose second window any color which you want to replace (if you only select those object which are filled red or any then leave color black in second window) >next, the pop up come to slider there are 5 buttons find P/ find N/ find  All/  replace/ replace all etc. Press find all then you will see all red object (whichever there properties with filled red or any you put there in first window) are selected now you can do any thing like fill any colour/ lens and whatsoever.

for your second qustion : it also happened with multiple layers of current page if the layers are not locked

for your third ones : it can not find in grouped obecjs but a whenever you run this command it will ask for do ungroup all object in current page. if you choose yes, it does ungroup all objects.

for your fourth one : if you goes to print seperate or individual colour like C+Y+M+K or any special PINK or Orange etc. for measuring there area individual so you can try print in separation on print menu choose device independent post script file on destination the go the separation tag > enable print separtion when print sepation once on then see print preview but first it should be the  page size is no smaller than you artwork area, in print preview you can see a ruler. now set your ruler each separtion and measure it ... but it is not accurate measurement

or

you can do : make a duplicate copy of artwork file which you goes to print, do ungroup all object, use find & replace command, do group each separate colour when you seperate & group your desired colour codes, you will find each groups' measurement in measuring pannel automatically.

if any problem feel free to mail me any time

thanks