simple questions..

Im new to coreldraw, always use Photoshop, but am now producing a monthly mag (which is why im not having to use corel).

Few things im getting stuck on, probably very simple, but I cant work it out quickly...

1. When i make a text box and enter text in it. i want to drag the outer corners to make the text the width of the page for example. can this be done? or do i have to keep selecting / highlighting the text and then select the size at the top of the screen.?

2. I have an image, and i want to crop, where is the option to do so?

3. When i make a new document, is the pixels settings defaulted at 300 dpi?

4. Bleed - is it correct that i just manually make the A4 page size + 3mm and then i can drag in the guidelines? is there a way of when i set the guidelines for the tops and sides (so i know my limits within the page) - for these guides to be duplicated onto every page?

Parents
No Data
  • Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:

charlottecyprus said:

1. When i make a text box and enter text in it. i want to drag the outer corners to make the text the width of the page for example. can this be done? or do i have to keep selecting / highlighting the text and then select the size at the top of the screen.?

There is a difference between Artistic Text and Paragraph text, if you click on the page with the text tool you get Artistic Text and it will enlarge as you drag the handles. If you take the text tool and drag a square that creates a paragraph text box. Any text you put into that box will fill that box from the left to the right side and wrap as required. So if you start at the left hand side of the page and drag the box over to the right hand side the text will flow to the size of the box. If you right click the paragraph box it gives you the option of "fit text to frame', and the text will fill the frame, not only from left to right but also from top to bottom, the font size changes. Also look at Tools Options Text Paragraph text and test the options there.

charlottecyprus said:
    . I have an image, and i want to crop, where is the option to do so?

The crop tool is in the tool bar on the left, third from the top, you can also crop from within PhotoPaint - click on 'edit bitmap' PhotoPaint will open, (same tool) make your changes, be sure you save it so it will update in CorelDraw then close PP.

charlottecyprus said:
    When i make a new document, is the pixels settings defaulted at 300 dpi?

Look again in Tools Options Workspace General and the rendering options, I believe it defaults to 300. Any photos you import will be imported in their native resolution you will have to resample them in PhotoPaint.

charlottecyprus said:
    Bleed - is it correct that i just manually make the A4 page size + 3mm and then i can drag in the guidelines? is there a way of when i set the guidelines for the tops and sides (so i know my limits within the page) - for these guides to be duplicated onto every page?

I always set my guidelines manually for my bleed because of the varied documents I create, I do not create many multiple page documents so I am not too sure about the guidelines showing on every page, however, if you open your Objects Docker, (Windows Docker Objects) in the Master Layer you will see the guidelines, do a search on Guidelines in Corel Help (F1) and you will probably find the answers you are looking for, or someone else in this forum may offer more help.

Hope this gets you started.

Children
No Data