Can someone help me to mirror?

I am trying to flip a word over completely not turn it but flip it over like a pancake.  I can do it real easy in SignBlaster but cannot figure out how to in X4.  In SignBlaster it is called mirroring.  Any help with this would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Parents Reply Children
  • Don't know how "mirror copy" works in AutoCad, but here's a neat little trick to flip copy (also described by Jeff below):

Click and drag any of the side handles of a selected object, drag across the object while holding Ctrl (to avoid distorting the object).
    You'll see from the preview that the object is flipped across the opposite edge. Now, before releasing the mouse button, right-click to create a copy. If done right, you'll have a mirrored copy next to the original.
    Try doing the same thing with Ctrl AND Shift.
    Try doing it from a corner bounding box handle, while holding Alt and Shift.
    There are many ways of flipping objects with these simple steps and different combinations of Ctrl, Shift and Alt.
    Play with it and you'll pretty soon find out how it works.

This wasn't what you were looking for perhaps, but it is useful to know anyway. :-)

• Ronny Axelsson said:

Try this:

Make a line with any of the drawing tools, a line that symbolizes the "mirror".
    Select the object to mirror and then the previously mentioned Free Transform tool and select the Free angle reflection mode (button in Property Bar).
    Click one end of the "mirror" and drag to the other end. If you want a copy, right-click before releasing the mouse button.
    To increase the precision, make sure Snap to Objects is enabled. This will make the Free Reflection tool snap to the "mirror".

Remember; CorelDraw is not a CAD tool, even though it has some CAD related features.

You are great Ronny Axelsson :) In the previous post (before yours) the man said the way, but he doesn't describe as well as you and I could not make a mirror copy. Thank you very much. Appreciation to your assistance. You always read what exactly does the user ask and always give the right answer.