My very important file is not opening ... Help!!

hello,

I have a problem to open my very very important file of version Corel Draw9. when i was working on my file (corel draw 9) suddenly my pc was shut down bcoz of light off. When i turned on my pc and try to open my file, i shocked to see that the file is not opening and also i was try to open the backup file but it's failed to open the file and it's give the error......!!!!! often it open as a blank document and often it gives this error showed::::::

Either "D:\Surat Yaseen\Surat Yaseen Final 2009.cdr" is not importable using the selected filter, or this format is not supported

kindly plz give me the suggestion or solution how i recover my file? it's meant so much for me ... is there anybody give me the solution to open my very very important file ..!!! i will be gratefull of him/her.

With best regards,

Waiting...

AMAR SHAHID

amarshahid@gmail.com

• Sounds as if Windows has loaded a corrupt file, usually caused by corrupted directory information on the disk.

I would suggest running (from the "RUN" option in Windows

chkdsk :C /f

(assuming Windows XP)

That will ask your permission to actually do that the next time it is booted. Be sure you allow it to run at boot.

Note that the "Error checking" under the "tools" menu under the disk display in Windows is a sham and usually will not fix anything (especially on the "C" drive!). The "chkdsk [x]/f" under the "run" or a command prompt, has recovered tens of thousands of files here on several occasions over a 15 year period.

Of course it should be run for every disk on the system (chkdsk :D /f if "D" is a disk drive, etc.) Be sure to include "/f" switch.

The procedure varies slightly between operating systems. I think in the Win 95, 98 and millennium systems it was called "scandisk" and the switches may have been different, OR it might have been necessary to boot from the Win Install CD to command prompt and run from there.

Amar Shahid wrote:

hello,

I have a problem to open my very very important file of version Corel Draw9. when i was working on my file (corel draw 9) suddenly my pc was shut down bcoz of light off. When i turned on my pc and try to open my file, i shocked to see that the file is not opening and also i was try to open the backup file but it's failed to open the file and it's give the error......!!!!! often it open as a blank document and often it gives this error showed::::::

Either "D:\Surat Yaseen\Surat Yaseen Final 2009.cdr" is not importable using the selected filter, or this format is not supported

• Hi Shahzad, Try following Richard's and Paul's Suggestions. Incase they don't work, as I can assume from the file name u have given, you were working on Quranic Verses, they are easily available over the internet, and how did you bring them into corel? was that in text format from "Inpage / MS Word" or did u scan that? If those were in text format, that must be saved in ur text editor u can import that into corel again. And if u scanned those, then they must be saved in bitmap format externally somewhere in ur HD. If u can give ur feedback here, may be I can help u more in finding those verses.

Having said that whenever my files got corrupted due to sudden power failure, Unfortunately I was never able to recover them, Se be mentally ready to loose ur data.