Default Outline Properties

I wanted my outline properties to default to Behind Fill and Scale with Image. So I tried setting the default of Graphic, Artistic Text, and Paragraph Text to have those defaults, but with No outline fill.  Something weird happened, so now when I create text, it defaults with no outline, BUT whenever I resize the text it adds an outline. Even if remove the outline, and the resize, it again adds the outline.  so odd.  do you have ANY idea of how i can just put this back to normal?

• No ideas, but SP-2 for X3 introduced a bug that does exactly what you say for text (only, as I recall) that had ever  had an outline--and the added outline was gigantic as I recall. I do know that it was tightly tied to scale with image as well.

Sounds as if it is an offshoot of the same problem. It is fixed in X4, but was never fixed in X3.

kingloo wrote:

I wanted my outline properties to default to Behind Fill and Scale with Image. So I tried setting the default of Graphic, Artistic Text, and Paragraph Text to have those defaults, but with No outline fill.  Something weird happened, so now when I create text, it defaults with no outline, BUT whenever I resize the text it adds an outline. Even if remove the outline, and the resize, it again adds the outline.  so odd.  do you have ANY idea of how i can just put this back to normal?

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/15788/65970.aspx#65970

• This is not logical If you set the Default Graphics and text as "Without outline" you can speclify ate the same time "Behind Fill" and "Scale with Image".  You must use different Styles for each, and if you want, add a shortcut for each one

• I cannot duplicate the problem in my version of Draw X3 XP2 (Version 13.0.0.739) running under Windows XP Home Edition SP3 starting with  new blank page and setting you describe properites, Are you setting your outlne properties from a new blank page before creating any text?

If I start a new page and the create text, then try and set the properties you describe I get the same results you do. It appears that if you set from existing text the anomally is created. At least on my computer.

• It's a known bug that won't be fixed in X3 but it was fixed in X4. If
    you create a new style for each text type (artistic and paragraph), you
    can put a button for that style on the toolbar using the customization
    menu. If you want your already created text to be normal, just give it
    an outline then turn off the scale with image option and take off the
    outline. Then it will act as normal again.

Steve
    www.brutefish.com

kingloo wrote:
    > I wanted my outline properties to default to Behind Fill and Scale with
    > Image. So I tried setting the default of Graphic, Artistic Text, and
    > Paragraph Text to have those defaults, but with No outline fill.
    > Something weird happened, so now when I create text, it defaults with no
    > outline, BUT whenever I resize the text it adds an outline. Even if
    > remove the outline, and the resize, it again adds the outline. so odd.
    > do you have ANY idea of how i can just put this back to normal?
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/15788/65970.aspx#65970
    >