connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Problem with CorelDRAW X5 installer on Windows 7?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

Top 500 Contributor
Oklahoma City, OK
Male
lgstephen posted on Tue, Feb 23 2010 14:05

Hi,

I just purchased CorelDRAW GS X5 and can't get it to install on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system.

The download seems to go okay, but when I open the installer I immediately get an error:

I downloaded using both Firefox (get an error from the installer) and IE 8 (same error from the installer).

Is anyone else having luck installing?

Thanks,

Stephen

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
Red Deer, Alberta CANADA
Male
Verified by lgstephen

I deleted my original download (from CNet) and downloaded the install file from Foster's site. That one installs fine.

Dan

Dan W. Armeneau Sign Artist Website Sign Designs Resume

Top 50 Contributor
Ottawa, Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

FYI, something was funky with the CNet download yesterday..it was fixed late yesterday.

As someone mentioned earlier, downloading from Fosters site was working correctly.

T.

Verified by yanghudi

Where's Foster's site? Please.

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
West Virginia USA
Female

lgstephen:

Hi,

I just purchased CorelDRAW GS X5 and can't get it to install on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system.

The download seems to go okay, but when I open the installer I immediately get an error:

I am getting the same exact error when trying to install. Thought maybe it was a corrupt download, so I am in the process of downloading it again. I think the server is VERY busy this morning, it's taking over an hour on DSL to download!

Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64-bit system.

Patti

~~~~~~~~~
pranderson

Using 32-bit versions of CDGSX6 & X7
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 / 4.00 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Don't download again. It won't help. ...already tried that 3 times.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Same issue here on Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64-bit system. 

I have downloaded it 3 times but still doesn't install. I'm on hold with corel now.

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Issue here on vista and xp.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 500 Contributor
Oklahoma City, OK
Male

Uh oh -- sorry to hear everyone is having the same trouble!

This doesn't bode well for the launch... hopefully this will be the only major bug with X5... Confused

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
Out of curiosity, are you disabling your anti-virus before installing? I know that can sometimes interfere.

FWIW, I have it installed without issue on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

Google is good...

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=error+5009+installshield&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.bigoven.com/cs/forums/t/3213.aspx

1) Open the folder on your PC located at C:\Program Files\Common Files.
2) Locate a folder called Installshield.
3) Right click on the folder and click the option "Rename".
4) Rename the folder to something like "Installshield_OLD".
5) Close the folder and try to re-run the installer.

Try that.

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!
( The Simpsons, Hurricane Neddy -- Season:8 Episode:8 First Aired:12/29/1996 )

Top 150 Contributor
Red Deer, Alberta CANADA
Male
Verified by lgstephen

I deleted my original download (from CNet) and downloaded the install file from Foster's site. That one installs fine.

Dan

Dan W. Armeneau Sign Artist Website Sign Designs Resume

Still get the same error message.

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

FosterCoburn:

Out of curiosity, are you disabling your anti-virus before installing? I know that can sometimes interfere.

FWIW, I have it installed without issue on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Like Foster, I have installed X5 on Windows 7, 64 bit and on Windows 32 bit machines. Both went in smoothly and both run very well.

There is another thread, in this forum, where Yani has posted a link to a google find, today, that may help you.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

I have tried Yani's link and disabled all ant-virus software but still get them same error message

Top 500 Contributor
Oklahoma City, OK
Male

No luck -- good thought, though! I did Google before posting, but none of the suggestions I found worked. I am trying a download from Foster's site now... the filename on the installer is different, so I'm hoping it won't have the same issue.

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=115305

That lists pretty much ALL Installshield errors

Try what I said and add

Run %temp%

delete the lot

and try again.

I'm pretty sure the beta team used the very same file and no one had an issue. So don't panic it's just Installshield being fussy.

Make the reports as accurate as you can and some one will be awake somewhere in the world to help. ;)

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!
( The Simpsons, Hurricane Neddy -- Season:8 Episode:8 First Aired:12/29/1996 )

Downloaded from Foster's site and it finally installed Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.