Preflight extremely slow

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

Not Ranked
UK
Male
Mick Rose posted on Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:12

The preflighting (part of the print process) has suddenly started to take 1 minute to finish. Even printing a page with 1 single box, and disabling all the preflight boxes - this still takes 1 minute. Anyone else had this problem?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
UK
Male
Verified by Yani

Yani - F8 seems to have done the trick & using my customised workspace still seems okay

We tried SP3 but it caused a local network problem with PC Maclan/Imagesetter RIP so we had to go back to SP2.

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

It's important to note which OS but I'd guess this is XP?

A box on this computer takes 1/2 second. You are using the trial?

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!
( The Simpsons, Hurricane Neddy -- Season:8 Episode:8 First Aired:12/29/1996 )

Not Ranked
UK
Male

Using XP, SP2, 3G RAM. X4 has always been almost instant & I think the X5 trial started off okay, then went really slow.

Mick

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

There is only a few common fixes.

Rebooting

Normal maintenance, delete temp files, disk and intensive memory checks

Virus checking

F8 held on start up to reset the workspace

The one mentioned on other threads for users of Nvidia

Removal and reloading the software

In your case updating to SP3 -- There is a general assumption that anyone using XP has updated to SP3. It's been out for a few years.

That's an error not been seen in the release so people will be keen to see if you can find a solution.

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!

Not Ranked
UK
Male
Verified by Yani

Yani - F8 seems to have done the trick & using my customised workspace still seems okay

We tried SP3 but it caused a local network problem with PC Maclan/Imagesetter RIP so we had to go back to SP2.

Top 25 Contributor
Brisbane Australia
Male

Excellent. Keep your eye out for problems.

Yani

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.