connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

iPad apps

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

lacyjayne2010 posted on Wed, Sep 22 2010 11:49

Hi, I'm new to the site and I am considering an iPad purchase.  I was looking through the apps and was wondering if any of the sketch apps would allow me to sketch and save into a format that X5 would accept?  Thanks

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Georgetown, Guyana. South America.
Male

I should think that if the app supports Export/Saving to EPS or PDF you should be able to work with CorelDRAW seemlessly.

I would think that these apps saves in a bitmap format... so with Photo-paint... i see no hiccups bringing that in.

What app are you referring to?

Top 25 Contributor
Georgetown, Guyana. South America.
Male

Found that SketchPad HD saves to PDF... so you can try that.

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

lacyjayne2010:
I was looking through the apps and was wondering if any of the sketch apps would allow me to sketch and save into a format that X5 would accept? 

Most likely the result out of the sketching app would be a bitmap file such as a JPEG, PNG, or TIFF. CorelDRAW supports them all. I'd choose 24-bit PNG first.

Thankyou for your responsed.  I am only at the considering stage on iPad purchase.  I did look at sketchpad pro and it looked promising.  I am relatively new to graphic programs so your answers were helpful.

Not Ranked
United States
Male

There is an iPad app called Inkpad that will import and export SVG vector files that CorelDRAW can use.

Thanks for the info.  I bought the app and so far I like it.  It does less than some of the other vector apps I have purchased, but I can change the charateristics of the nodes which I can't do in other apps. 

I have tried exporting from my ipad in PDF and opening in X5 but for some reason the PDF won't open.   The message I get is about not supporting that version of PDF.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.