connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

How to insert Page number ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

warkhede Posted: Wed, Oct 10 2007 0:40

If I would like to compose a booklet in Corel Draw, how can I insert page numbers ?

I know the use of Master Layer. But contents on it will remain unchanged for all the pages. However the page numbers should auto increase page by page.

Adobe InDesign or pagemaker is useless infront of Corel Draw. But the problem of Footer (page numbering) has to be resolevd. So that Corel Draw will replace InDesign or related book work softwares. 

Please tell me how to add page numbers.

Thank you.

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
CorelDRAW does not automatically number pages. Period. There is an included
macro that can add numbers when the booklet is finished.

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please tell me about where will I get information about tha macro that can add numbers when the booklet is finished. or what is the name of that macro ?

Once again thank you for the information.

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
To get the Page Number macro, select Tools | Visual Basic | Play. Under
Macros in, select . The macro name is
CorelMacros.PageNumbering. Don't get too excited, it probably isn't what you
would like.

--
Foster D. Coburn III
Unleashed Productions, Inc.
http://www.unleash.com -- The Ultimate Resource for the Graphics User
Tips & Tricks, Training Classes, Books, Videos and much more
Attend a CorelDRAW X3 Boot Camp led by
Foster Coburn on November 8-10, 2007 or December 6-8, 2007
http://www.unleash.com/training/coreldrawbootcamp.asp
Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

Here's a video on the page numberer.

Thanks for your help. Its working

I have added this macro bt it is giving the same result as FosterCoburn told.

Thanks for your guidance and help.

Regards,

Top 200 Contributor
Gorlice (Poland)
Female

Hello! Smile

Now I have trial-version CorelDrawX4  and I play macros. Why  my  macro "Page numbering" hasn't options: "Bottom Facing"; "Opposing Face" ?

MP

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Hi visioneye

Just try this one. This won't work properly with facing pages, but you would be able start  page numbering with desired number for the first page.

Anand

Thanks for providing this macro. I have installed it,bt whn ever I try to run it gives the following error:

"Compile Error in hidden module: CorelElements"

Regards,

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Sorry for that. I shall check and post it again.

Not Ranked
Mysore
Female

How many pages is possible to design in coreldrawx6. I need to design a 300 pages book including images and drawing is it possible or not please suggest me

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Recommended method is to split your document up into sections or chapters of about 10 to 20 pages each. Then when you have completed it all, make a single PDF from all the sections.

You can do this by opening all of the documents at the same time, making sure to open them in the order they need to appear. Then do File > Publish to PDF, go in to settings and select documents. Though I'm not totally certain whether that facility was in X3.

Note: If you want every section to begin on a right hand page, you will need to add an empty page to any section with an odd number of pages.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.