connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Color Separations advanced settings disabled

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

PastorDon posted on Sun, Dec 12 2010 19:22

In my color separations in print preview the "use advanced settings" is disabled. Can anyone help me on this?

I have loaded cdr graphics suite 12 on my new laptop w/windows 7, and also on my old machine that I have loaded windows 7 on. Cannot register the program any more due to outdated version. problem exists on both computers.

There are other minor issues but this one I use regularly.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

Not a lot of good news for you.

With windows 7, you will run into many issues with cdr12 as I have found.

Run it in XP Mode inside your windows 7 or upgrade to atleast Draw X4.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

PastorDon:
In my color separations in print preview the "use advanced settings" is disabled. Can anyone help me on this?

Do you have a Postscript printer installed on your computer? 

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Running in XP mode, no postscript printer at this time. No RIP software, I am primarily doing spot colors until I get in more practice.

Top 25 Contributor
Grand Haven, Michigan
Male

Ariel:
Do you have a Postscript printer installed on your computer? 

I second this question, but not just installed, selected?

Also, not all postscript printers will play nice. Make sure your drivers are updated. We run a Xante platemaker 4 that even x3 couldn't control from the driver but X5 runs it like a dream. I can change every setting now and I'm a little bit in love with it.

Edit:

Just saw your reply while I was typing. It won't work without a postscript printer. (and again, even then it may not actually work)

Mike

Current System: i3 3.07ghz, 3gb ram, Windows 7 32 bit with all updates and X7

You will need to install some kind of postscript printer. OR please try to install PDF CREATOR software. It is available at Sourceforge.net

Please default your printer to PDF CREATOR. Now when you print from CorelDraw, this Advanced tool will be available.

MANOJ WWW.DIGITALGRAPHIXFACTORY.COM
Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

PastorDon:
Running in XP mode, no postscript printer at this time

You will need to install a Postcript printer

Ariel Garaza Díaz

thank you all for your help. The PDFCreator works and I now have access to the advanced settings. Thanks again. Don

I would like to know how to fix this problem as well. I've been using Corel X5 on my Windows 7 64-bit for several months. We recently added a computer to our graphics department and had to network our printers and suddenly we can't access the "Advanced" settings anymore. All we did was attach the printer to a print server and change the port it was located on. For a few days the "Advanced" settings were working on one computer but not the other. Today it stopped working on both. 

I tried installing that PDF Creator program but it didn't help. Plus it installed toolbars and other crap I had to remove. 

Has anyone else figured this out? 

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.