rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

jimboster Posted: Sun, Dec 26 2010 16:35

Help, How do I draw a simple circle?

Top 100 Contributor
Illinois, USA

Hi,

Select the tool indicated in the attached image (the ellipse tool). Then left-click in your workspace and drag while holding down the Ctrl key, which will force the ellipse you create to be a perfect circle.

Hoping to help,

Bill

All the best,

Bill

Bill,

Thank you, but unfortunately, I don't have anything that easy. Here is my screen.  There is no ellipse button.  This is driving me crazy.

Top 150 Contributor
Colorado
Neil replied on Sun, Dec 26 2010 19:18

You're in Painter, which is a raster program. To create vector objects (such as a perfect circle) you need to use a vector drawing program, like Corel Draw.

Top 50 Contributor
Wisconsin
Male

I can see that you have Corel Painter Essentials 4.  This forum is for Corel Photo-Paint which is the reason for the confusion.  Painter is a very different program...

I can see one thing you can try but I'm guessing since I don't have the program.  I can see a control above your canvas that looks like a circle with a dashed outline.  You can try selecting that and dragging out on your page.  I bet it makes a mask, but if it does then you can probably paint on or fill the masked area.

Corel has another 'official' community forum like this one dedicated to Painter : http://painterfactory.com/ You'll probably get better help there.

Art for a crowded planet - your window to my art and life online

Making images of balance and harmony for a chaotic world.

Top 100 Contributor
Illinois, USA
bcoley replied on Sun, Dec 26 2010 19:50

My bad! I didn't notice that you had posted in the Photo Paint forum. Good luck finding a solution that meets your Painter needs.

Bill

All the best,

Bill

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.