connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

do not waste your money on Corel Website Creator

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

Not Ranked
Phoenix, AZ
Male

As this is your only reply, how do you think you were helping?????  The 16 hours were only this weekend, it didn't include, nor did I reply I only had 16 hours experiance with this software.  In reqards to the manual, I have it open and trying to follow it, so far nothing positive.  My attitude, I'm at home, if you don't like it, I DON'T CARE.  My killing any desire to help, whats your point.  I've not recieved any help. Only links to websites that say they can offer help.  Then your nasty A$$ comment I've turned my nose up at it.  Not true by the way, I haven't had time to view them.  So if you are going to help do so, if not, then do what every you do.  In either case, get your facts straight.

Not Ranked
Phoenix, AZ
Male

so this statement

"Blaming software for lack of understanding on how it functions ls like blaming your car for running out of gas"

and this one

"You were offered a resource and turned your nose up at it. The only person that's going to hurt is you."

along with the assumptions that I have only "16hours" experiance with the software are not personal attacks.  The seem pretty personal to me. 

What everyone here seems to be missing is the fact that COREL can not and does not offer any type of tech support.  All information is being directed to Net Objects, the author of this software.  Net Objects will not offer any support, COREL does not offer any support, so why should I purchase software from Corel they can't support.  I've had this software for several months and even now, they don't offer any support.  Therefore my opinion not to purchase it is legitimate.  I will view the links that were provided, thanks for taking the time to provide them.  But, I should not have to go to a site other than one operated by Corel for assistance with software they sell under thier own name!!!!  This is my point of frustration. 

turtle replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 13:59

Scott GO:
so this statement

"Blaming software for lack of understanding on how it functions ls like blaming your car for running out of gas"

If you took this analogy as a person attack I apologize.

As far as assuming you had spend 16 hours with the product I got this impression from the statements you made in your original post.

Scott GO:
I have now wasted 16 hours over the weekend on trying to set up a site.

There are resources available that will help you use this product. You should take advantage of all available resources regardless of where they come from.

As I previously stated, I cannot speak for Corel regarding their support of this product.  User to user support is a valuable resource and one you should take advantage of.

Not Ranked
Phoenix, AZ
Male

As I reply, I am using the user provided assitance.  It does make understanding how the program is set up  better understood.  I still have questions, but will figure them out by use of manuals, referances and other means.  But again, I should be able to get these answers via Corel.

Not Ranked
Phoenix, AZ
Male

For the first time I have made some progress in website creator.  Thanks to the assistance of the provided links, Thanks Turtle, the site is a great help.  The problem I'm having now is that when I preview my page the center scrolls.  I have tried the "fixed page layout" as gotfusion.com site indicates, but this did not make any difference in the middle scrolling.  The master borders are stationary.  How do I go about setting the page to scroll as a whole page?

Thanks

Scott

turtle replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 17:01

It sounds like you have frames enabled. 

Can you set up a test remote profile, upload and post a URL to the test pages? See this page for how to create a remote test profile http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4071

Not Ranked
Phoenix, AZ
Male

this is what I have so far you'll find it at www.wearitnow.biz/test  

What I want is the whole page to scroll.  As I have it, is seems to me as if the Master borders are stationary and everything else is scrolling within them. 

Let me know what I need to change.

Thanks

Scott

turtle replied on Wed, Mar 23 2011 19:51

You have enabled a top and bottom frameset.

Click on the Page View icon and go to any page.

Press F10

On the Masterborder properties palette select the 4th tab (auto frames)

Click on the frame sets marked Top and Bottom.  They will have (1) and (2) after them and be highlighted (darker gray). 

Once you have clicked on them you should no longer see the (1) and (2) frame markers.

Clean up your work files and folders and generate the page again. See this tutorial on how to clean up the work files and folders: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029

Not Ranked
Phoenix, AZ
Male

I figured out the frams problem and have designed a page with a layout that is working the way i want using a zero border property.  So how do I now add pages where I can use that same layout without having to rebuilt for every page???

Top 10 Contributor
El Paso, TX
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Scott GO:

I figured out the frams problem and have designed a page with a layout that is working the way i want using a zero border property.  So how do I now add pages where I can use that same layout without having to rebuilt for every page???

Hi.

I would recommend includes instead of a frames layout.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

Scott GO:

Look up css file and html.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

turtle replied on Fri, Mar 25 2011 14:24

Scott GO:

You should only have one page when you go to site view (correct?)

In site view press the New Page icon.

The page that is selected (the only one in your case) will have a copy of it (minus all content) duplicated below the selected page.

If you are using zeromargins your new page will be completely blank.

If you want to use zeromargins instead of masterborders you will need to make a "master" page which is your layout minus content.  Then in site view you would select the "masterpage" press ctrl + c then ctrl + v to copy/paste a duplicate below the master, move it to the location you want it to appear, add it to site navigation, then add content

BUT..........

You are making the program more difficult than it needs to be.  Unless you are an advanced user, the "master/child" method of page creation can get very complex as you lose all of the automated features of the software.  You only need this method on extremely complex page layouts that cannot be duplicated using the masterborder feature (maybe 1 out of 1000 site designs)

What you "want" to do is create a page using masterborders (see this tutorial for an explanation of masterborders/layout areas) http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=382 (I know...  it is the same tutorial I gave to you in my first response)

You want to place your page banner and site navigation in the top masterborder

You want to place what you want in the bottom masterborder (copyright notice, text navigation etc)

THEN...  all you need to do is press the New Page icon and you will have a blank page that already has a banner, top and bottom site navigation.

Using masterborders automates the web site creation process. 

If you want to export a template and attach it to this post I will put together what you should have so that you can see what you need to do in the future.

This tutorial will go over how to export a template http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

If you have more than one page, select the index/home page and choose "Selected pages only" for the template.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.