connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

What CorelDRAW users with iPads really need is an app that will let you view a .cdr file

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

Not Ranked
United States
Male

Top 25 Contributor
Ottawa (ON), Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

Hello,

the iPhone app will work on the iPad and will allow you to preview the thumbnails of a CDR file. Actually viewing the CDR file is a lot more complex, and I would like to better understand what you are looking for? What is the scenario you would like to use that?

Gérard

Using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7.2 with Premium Membership, CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 SP2 & CorelCAD 2014.5
on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit  / Intel Core i7, 8 Gb RAM.

Not Ranked
United States
Male

Hi Gerard,
     Here's the thing. I tried the iPhone app and the thumbnail it showed me seemed to be about 12 dpi. It was completely useless, just a bunch of blurs. I'm very much a Windows guy, since CorelDRAW 1.x but I have an iPad2 now and it's a great machine and powerful. I don't expect to be able run CoreDRAW on it but it would be great to be able to at least view cdr files when one of my graphics clients e-mails me a question and I'm somewhere away from my desktop. I can hook in and run CorelDRAW with an app like LogMeIn Ignition but it would be easier for me, and lots of others, if we could just view a cdr file that was in DropBox there on the iPad.

Thanks,
Jim Dodds

BTW I'm having a lot of trouble with the iPhone app. I couldn't select the Description pane when I was on my iPad. That's why it's blank.

I agree. We don't need another social networking app but be able to view .cdr files at a high quality on the pad. That would be real useful. Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

orgtech:

I agree. We don't need another social networking app but be able to view .cdr files at a high quality on the pad. That would be real useful. Thanks

Hi.

A larger thumbnail is a possibility, like an eps file, but actually opening the editable cdr file is not, and will not happen.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.