Upgrade from Corel Draw X3 Graphics Suite to X5 advantages?

I used Corel Draw X3 Graphics Suite to produce maps for a guidebook about 5 years ago. I am starting another project this year and will do many more maps. I mostly used only CorelDraw out of the suite.

I am considering whether to upgrade to X5 or just stick with X3. I am using Windows XP. It is probably a difficult question to answer, but in general would you advise upgrading to X5 or sticking with X3?

PaulF

• Are you creating the maps from scratch or importing existing artwork to
    clean up? If you are creating from scratch, I don't think there have
    been many tools added that would make your job easier. If these are
    being printed, then X5's new color management is definitely a reason to
    upgrade since you will have more control over the final printed product.
    Also, if you are importing artwork from other sources then the improved
    import filters would also be a reason to upgrade.

Steve
    www.brutefish.com
  • Hello Paul; I use X4 and will wait for X6 to buy, ( maybe next year)  but X5 does do more thing than X4 ( So I'm told ). If you have the computer to use Windows 7 I think you would like the program  ( at least look at "Pro." or "Ult" ). It would depend on what you are using a graphics program for, to do graphics for a vinyl cutter I'm HAPPY with X4.

My Thoughts George

• X5 & Win 7 -> They love each other.

Go ahead....

• PaulF said:

I used Corel Draw X3 Graphics Suite to produce maps for a guidebook about 5 years ago. I am starting another project this year and will do many more maps. I mostly used only CorelDraw out of the suite.

I am considering whether to upgrade to X5 or just stick with X3. I am using Windows XP. It is probably a difficult question to answer, but in general would you advise upgrading to X5 or sticking with X3?

PaulF

Hi.

Sounds like you should be ok sticking with X3. Some reasons to upgrade could include:

--You purchase an add on or macro to increase productivity and the add on only works with newer versions of Draw.

--You looked closely at the features that X5 has added and decide one might be very useful to boost productivity or efficiency .

--You need more write-offs on your taxes.

--You just feel like giving it a whirl.

--You inherited a lot of cash or won the lottery.

--The idea of upgrading has become an obsession and your afraid that if you don't upgrade soon you'll lose your mind.

Hope this helps.

~John