connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Customer Service Responsiveness concern

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

Pinyon Crying [:'(] Posted: Sat, Aug 13 2011 13:55

I am a new customer to Corel even though I owned Corel Draw back in the 80s and used it extensivly in my business just got back into it bought X5 and after install found a few issues downloaded patches but didn't change problems so I contacted support vie corel web site. After waiting for weeks I desided to call and spent a couple of hours uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.  Contacted three more times still no help.

Latest..... received an email saying my case is closed....anyone else with this problem or am I the only one?

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Pinyon:

I am a new customer to Corel even though I owned Corel Draw back in the 80s and used it extensivly in my business just got back into it bought X5 and after install found a few issues downloaded patches but didn't change problems so I contacted support vie corel web site. After waiting for weeks I desided to call and spent a couple of hours uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.  Contacted three more times still no help.

Latest..... received an email saying my case is closed....anyone else with this problem or am I the only one?

Hi.

Not me.I haven't called them in over 10 years and hopefully will never need to.

A big helpful bunch of CorelDraw users here; Maybe we can help with the problem if you want to tell it to us.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Ariel replied on Sat, Aug 13 2011 15:10

Pinyon:

Sometimes it's not easy to the technical support find the real problem and its solution. They know about software, hardware and the most common problems, and they have the solution for 99% or more of the problems, but not allways is what you need. And perhaps they don't understand you correctly (they are humans, not computers) and perhaps tehy believes that your problem will solved after reinstall the program. I'm not a part of the customer service, of course, but I received a lot of messages and calls about problems, and sometimes is not easy to imagine the problem. For example, some days ago the problem was the mouse, not the program (the mouse included a software that change the position automatically... and while you are drawing it's a real problem!).

btw, here is the best place for explain your problem and find a solution. Here you will find many of the most experienced users, and also some of the Corel team, so we do the best as possible to help you

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 50 Contributor
ABBOTSFORD, BC CANADA
Male

...anyone else with this problem...

Yes, there have been others disappointed in Corel support... BUT, most people who have posted their problems here, receive the help they need to solve the problem they have... and it doesn't take weeks... usually no more than a few hours... BUT you must state the problem(s) you're having and a little info on your System... OS, amount of RAM, video card, space left on hard drive, build number of your installed CDX5... SP3 gives you a build number ending in 686.
I have been amazed and pleasantly surprised at the depth and breadth of knowledge of the Forum members here.

Devil  the 'dd'

comin' atcha from up on the hill in Abbotsford, BC  CANADA

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello Pinyon; When I bought X4 I THOUGHT I had a problem and went to the CorelDraw web page and looked around untill I found a phone number and called, talked for a couple of hours while we screen shared, he didn't find the problem either, but after he left I found the Problem in "Windows". If I had asked the same question her I would have felt like a dum ass after someone told me how to fix it in 5 min.
  State your problem and see if someone don't come a long and tell you how to fix it!!!!!!!

George

TheSignGuy

Computer i5 Intel 2500K 4.0 mh, 16 gig Ram, SSD Main Drive, 1T WD Black, 1T Segate, 2 gig DDR 5 G Force Video card, Windows 7 Utl. 64 bit, ASRock Extreme 4 Mobo

Top 10 Contributor
Lancaster, PA USA
Male

Pinyon:
still no help.

What's the application doing to you?

David Milisock

Pinyon replied on Sun, Aug 14 2011 20:21

RunFlaCruiser:

Pinyon:

Hi.

Not me.I haven't called them in over 10 years and hopefully will never need to.

A big helpful bunch of CorelDraw users here; Maybe we can help with the problem if you want to tell it to us.

~John

Hi John

Thanks for your responce just got back saw the post and others will discribe my problem in a bit just catching up

Thanks

Pinyon replied on Sun, Aug 14 2011 20:23

Thanks will reply

Pinyon replied on Sun, Aug 14 2011 20:39

Ok guys,

Thank you all I am new to this style of discussion so here goes.

The issue is with two sub programs to Corel Grafics suite x5, Video x3 causes blue screen and update shows a script error.

The other is website creator x5 same problem blue screen crash and script error when checking update.

First tech guy was helpful but could not solve the video app problem so I have left it as I do not use this progam yet, secound tech guy explained that the web progam is a third party app and could not help but would email the company and have them get back to me.  Well I have been waiting!  Also I don't realy think that it's acceptable to offer an app that can't be supported but must be shifted to another entity, but thats only me.

Corel Draw has definitly gone through some changes since I used it in good old days and I am struggling with getting up to speed but things like clip art not being handy is a problem dont know where to find it so I revert to MS Publisher to find and drag&drop.

I am not usualy a winer and always try to fix my problems on my own before I go to tech support so I have spent a lot of time on fixing this stuff.

Thanks for your responces

Randy  

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Do you see any warnings or errors in the Windows event log in the last seconds before the time of the blue screen ?

Pinyon replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 12:34

Yes, there is a full page of info and at the end it says something dump I believe a report is generated. 

Pinyon replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 12:37

I have just received a reply from customer service with some suggestions I will impliment them today and let you all know how it goes.

I have been frustrated with this and have sent numerous emails to CS so maybe they finaly got the message.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Pinyon:
there is a full page of info

Anything involving video drivers, perhaps?

Pinyon replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 13:10

I am not sure but I am diligent when it comes to updates, and am sure I have the latest drivers, the CS email indicates that may be a concern as well as updating 3 microsoft programs which I am trying right now, let you know

Thanks

Pinyon replied on Mon, Aug 22 2011 12:27

Finally a fix

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Could you confirm the exact product that you are inquiring, please? When I referred to your case number 01051250, the issue is with your VideoStudio Pro X4. However, in this case number 01062289, you are inquiring about Website Creator X5 bundled to CorelDraw Premium Suite X5.

Based on your case number 01046305, you are getting this error with Website Creator X5, is this correct?

"Can't execute from a freed script" , "Do you want to continue running scripts?" ,Yes or No both result in a string of other errors. Error has occurred on the script on this page Code 0

To further isolate this issue, please do the following:

1.) Please visit http://search.microsoft.com/ then manually search, download and install the following updates:

2.) DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

3.) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x86)

4.) Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)

5.) Run Windows Update and get all the critical updates released by Microsoft. It is very important that your Windows is updated:

For Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

6.) Afterwards, reboot your computer. Once restarted, check if you are running the latest video drivers for your video card. If you have an older version, download the latest video driver (a reboot may be required).

For NVIDIA users, get the latest driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

For AMD-ATI users, get the latest driver here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

For Intel users, get the latest driver here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm

7.) Run the software.

If the problem persists, please do the following:

Clean up temporary files and Recycle Bin by launching the Disk Cleanup from Start menu >> Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Disk Cleanup.

Launch Internet Explorer and do the following:

For Internet Explorer 7 or above:

1.) Click Tool >> Internet Options;

2.) On the ''General'' tab >> ''Browsing History'' section, click on ''Delete''; under the Browsing History window, check all the data's to be deleted and click on ''Delete''.

3.) On the ''Security'' tab if reconfigured, click on ''Reset all zones to default level''.

4.) On the ''Privacy'' tab, temporarily uncheck ''Turn on Pop-up Blocker''. (you may re-enable this later after you have downloaded the required files).

5.) On the ''Advanced'' tab, click on ''Restore Advance Settings'' and ''Reset...''.

6.) Click on Apply and OK and then close the browser.

7.) Re-launch Internet Explorer and go to the specified sites.

If the problem persists, please follow the instructions in this article:

000007551 - What do I do if I get the ""PAGE COULD NOT BE DISPLAYED"" when opening a Corel program for the first time?

http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/000007551-What-do-I-do-if-I-get-the-PAGE-COULD-NOT-BE-DISPLAYED-when-opening-a-Corel-program-for-the-first-time

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

Alfredo

Corel Customer Support Services

IMPORTANT: When replying, do not delete the contents of this message. This information allows your replies to be seen and responded to by agents.

Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is: 164494214

Full information regarding Corel Support offerings can be found online at http://www.corel.com/support.

A full list of contact numbers can be found at: http://www.corel.com/contactus To check on the status of your case, log in at: https://store1.corel.com/corel/account.jsp and select Support Cases.

Looking for faster support? Try one of our Priority Protection Plans at http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1300677042987 to receive top priority phone support.

Description Information

Subject    

When do I get customer service

Description

Dear Randy Halyk%2C I am writing to let you know that your incident is being automatically closed by the system because it has been inactive for ten days. We hope your question has been resolved%2C but if you still need assistance please log in to our online case management tool to submit a question and we will be happy to help you. Thank you for choosing Corel%2CSabinaAnne - Customer Support Representative Incident Number 01062289 help with case %2523 01051250I recieved this message and have never been helped%21 please contact me with the answers.Randy product delivery -Box serial number -chw-1100-r-533-13008-18215

Processor: AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ ~2.6Ghz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Video Adapter: Nvidia Geforce GTS250, nv3dumx.dll, v8.17.12.7550, 15/06/2011 DirectX Updated: DirectX11

Printer:

ref:00D6Jqva.5006DzGAm:ref

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.