connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Vinyl Cutters

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 15 Followers

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Hi Jeff,

As one of those "Embroidery" shops out here in Australia i would just like to say that we have spent a LOT of money on equipment and strive to supply the best quality possible to customers. We have a:

4 Head Tajima, 1 Head Tajima, Brother GT541 garment printer, Roland GX24, Coerl X3, Wilcom Design software (+$6,000) and several Inkjet printers as well as 5 PC's on site and the Heta Press.

At the moment i am not happy with the local suppliers of thermal garment  materials as they are not providing us with the material and knowledge that we need to get better results.

I would not appreciate someone just dumping their "artwork" on my doorstep and expecting me to just take the responsibility for the final product. I joined this site to contribute to the industry as a whole and not to be dumped on by someone whos only contribution is "Good ideas - I'm sure a few of us who have vinyl experience are curious about thermo-film".

Hi, I have just bought a Craft Robo cutter and I am looking for the Corel Draw plugin that allows direct cutting from Corel Draw, I have foind one on crafrobo.com but it is full of bugs, does anyone have any ideas of how I can get a good plugin Cheers, Robert
Not Ranked
Grove, OK
Male
rmesgt replied on Sun, Dec 30 2007 23:51

Hugh....

I have a Vinyl Express from Sigh Warehouse as well.  I have the Q60E and it came with the Flexi software.  Can I export directly from CorelDRAW 12 to the cutter without using the Flexi software?  I don't really know enough about either software program to be proficient - yet -   ....

Leo

Peace in Christ... Leo
Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

rmesgt:

Hugh....

I have a Vinyl Express from Sigh Warehouse as well.  I have the Q60E and it came with the Flexi software.  Can I export directly from CorelDRAW 12 to the cutter without using the Flexi software?  I don't really know enough about either software program to be proficient - yet -   ....

Leo:

My cutter is a Vinyl Express, labeld by Sign Warehouse. But in reality, it is really a GCC Jaguar II cutter and not the Q series.

I went to the GCC web site and found a driver for the cutter. Sign Warehouse did not have any, for my cutter.

You could call Sign Warehouse's tech support and find out if there is a driver available for it, if not, find out who the manufacturer of the cutter is and find out if the manufacturer has a driver for the cutter.

If all else fails, and the cutter recognizes the standard HPGL language (which many plotter-cutters do), then you could use Corel to output a plotter (PCL) file that in turn you could send to your plotter.

Another means of driving the plotter from Corel Draw, is to have a third party software that can operate right out of Corel, such as Co-Cut by Eruosystems.

For what it is worth, you could export your design, from Corel Draw 12, as an *.ai file, (ai version 7, limited by Flexi) and import it in your Flexi and cut from there. You may also try importing the *.cmx file into Flexi, which Flexi can handle, but my personal experience has shown the ai file to be more reliable in getting past Flexi's import filter(s). 

I use the Flexi software mostly for creating text in vinyl (as most of my work is cutting the thermo-film for player names that is applied to the jerseys of team members). My (non-text) graphic work is mostly in Corel and I use the CoCut program to cut vinyl from Corel. In my case, the (GCC) driver for the cutter was more of a pain in the posterior than any help, at all.

Hugh

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

I have a Desay 380 plotter cutter.  I am having problems accessing it from coreldraw X3.  Can anyone help me?

M

Hello Robert,

I  have a Graphtec 15" Robo Pro and have been using Adobe Illustrator and Cut Master to do my sign making. I have been thinking about purchasing Corel X4 , what bugs have you run into?

Larry

Mitchrj:
Hi, I have just bought a Craft Robo cutter and I am looking for the Corel Draw plugin that allows direct cutting from Corel Draw, I have foind one on crafrobo.com but it is full of bugs, does anyone have any ideas of how I can get a good plugin Cheers, Robert

Larry
Not Ranked
Oshawa

So I just bought a vinyl cutter and you can do tee shirt material?? thats cool  what type of product do you use on it?  I know I would have to buy a heat press but interested to know about the other materials.

thanks Elaine

Make a Statement Your source for vinyl lettering and more.
Top 10 Contributor
Male

Make a Statement:

So I just bought a vinyl cutter and you can do tee shirt material?? thats cool  what type of product do you use on it?  I know I would have to buy a heat press but interested to know about the other materials.

thanks Elaine

I use a couple brands of thermo-film that I run through my cutter. The heavier film (Stahls Thermo-Film) I use for team player names. A finer file (Paropy Multicut from Joto Paper) for finer graphic work.

I put this on cotton, cotton/poly blends and polyester materials. I have decorated shirts, uniforms, fleece, sweats, shorts (Butt Prints), and many other items. (Yes, I have decorated thongs.) Your imagination is your only limitation.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Hello and Good Day...
I'm new to the forum so this is my first post. :)  I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for finding the driver for my friend's Gerber GSx Plus 15" plotter... some IT work was being done on her computer at her frame shop and somehow the vinyl cutting software was removed as well as the driver for the printer (it's using COM1) - Windows XP ver 2002 SP3.  

The software she is using is Gerber's Composer ver 6.21.6... I’m in dire need of help because she has vinyl cutting orders backing up.... so if anyone can help, I'd be really appreciative. 
Thank you much- Daniel

Top 10 Contributor
Sweden
Male

Welcome Daniel.

Sorry I can't really help but I suggest you post this as a new thread instead, and with a clear and understandable header, like "Need Gerber GSx driver" or something.

/Ronny

“The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn”
John Steinbeck

Top 10 Contributor
Male

Go to here. You can download what you may need for your plotter/cutter.

EDIT:   Hrm... somehow the link does not happen.

Here is the web address. Cut and paste it into your browser:

http://www.gspinc.com/default.asp?contentID=204

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

thank you so much ... let me try the link

Top 75 Contributor
Guelph Canada

We have the Roland Versacamm. Very reliable machine. All our CorelDraw graphics prints very nice in this printer. We do shirt printing thermal vinyl cutouts.

Alex Galvez
Free Tutorials:
www.coreldrawtips.com
www.corelcadtips.com

My technicians said they have corel Dreaw plugin,but the plugin better installed by the technician and many don't know how to install.

lisa n replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 18:33

Hi.  I also have the craft robo pro and was wondering if you found the plugin that allows you to directly cut from corel draw.  they use to have a technician there that could get it working for you but they got rid of him because they want you to use there program.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  lisa

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.