connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

After uninstalling the X6 trial X5 macros and plugins not working!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

kwonbup posted on Fri, Jun 1 2012 15:13

Well, still no answer from corel or the macro developers. I guess there is no support just sell sell sell and never mind the issues and wright-off the customer.

What bothers me is to spend lots of money with these plugin/macro developers who are now pushing the X6 trial and not spending the time to backing up their own macros/plugin/dockers etc. The only solution I see is to do a charge back with your credit card.

Right now none of the following macros/plugins work for me none of them and no support either.

AdvancedTshirts: Designbase and Fashionfactory 3
Macromonster;  macros
Steveyatesgraphics; Quick Change, Pixel Splitter and Vector Seps

The following macro "Neon 6" by developer Alexander Penkin does work. I'm not sure if he uses a different code language but his macro works without any problems.

If anyone has a solution to the macro problem caused by the X6 trial uninstall, please post.

Thank You

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Cheyenne, WY
Male

I would be happy to help. I will need to remote into your machine, so I can look and see what is going on. I sent an email with my address.

-Shelby

Top 25 Contributor
Ottawa (ON), Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

Did you try to do a Repair on the X5 installation? 

Gérard

Using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7.1 with Premium Membership, CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 SP1 & CorelCAD 2014.5
on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit  / Intel Core i7, 8 Gb RAM.

Thank you Shelby and Gerard,

Yes, I tried to run the X5 repair and when that didn't work. I uninstalled X5 and reinstalled it and that doesn't work either! I've reinstalled the macros and even uninstalled and reinstalled the firewall and antivirus in case they may have blocked the macros and that didn't work! I cleaned all references to CorelDraw in the registry no luck. I even ran the CorelUninstaller_WP_DR_X3_X4_X5.exe and it appeared to scan the files in the dos window but it didn't do anything!

I'm running XP Pro SP3, CorelDraw X5 version is 15.2.0.695 with service pack 3

Here is a video with poor audio;  http://bit.ly/L9cQ9J

Thank You

Top 150 Contributor
Cheyenne, WY
Male

Are you sure VBA is installed? When you click on the the Tools menu, you should have Macros under the Run Script...

If you press ALT-F11, do you get VBA?

Neon Tools does not use VBA, and that is why it works.

-Shelby

Shelby Moore:

Are you sure VBA is installed? When you click on the the Tools menu, you should have Macros under the Run Script...

If you press ALT-F11, do you get VBA?

Neon Tools does not use VBA, and that is why it works.

-Shelby

Yes, it's installed Visual Basic 6.3

Here is a short clip opening the editor;  http://bit.ly/LPzy22

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

kwonbup:

Hi.

If you purchased the macros for X5 they will probably only work in X5. If you are buying from MacroMonster then most of Jeff's macros on his are compatible with X4 and X5 I don't know of any that are sold for X6 yet.

Make sure you install to the correct directory. VBA is installed by default so it should be there as long as you are not using a Home and Student Edition. Press ALT + F11 on your keyboard to make sure the VBA editor opens.

Also like stated above making a repair or fresh installation of X5. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. I think I saw someone else with this problem. It's most likely a CorelDraw problem that is out of the control of the macro guys.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 50 Contributor
Wisconsin
Male

I don't have a solution but it looks like the same problem as described in another thread about a week ago

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/t/33446.aspx

Art for a crowded planet - your window to my art and life online

Making images of balance and harmony for a chaotic world.

John,

Thanks for your post its appreciated, and yes I'm well aware that Jeff's macros are mainly for X4 and X5. However, as mentioned above Alexander Penkin's Neon 6 which is sold by MacroMonster does in fact work on both X6 and X5. I've removed all of Jeff's macros from the gms folder at the present to try and figure out the problem.

The other plugins/macros by AdvancedTshirts designbase and FashionFactory 3 including Steve Yates; Quick Change, Pixel Splitter and Vector Seps are installed and in the folder.

As for fresh installs I've done three so far and its getting old. However there will be others like the person you mentioned having the same problem. My intention is not to bash the macro developers or corel but to find and answer. Where I have a problem is the indifference and blaming each other and then no solution and yet pushing the X6 Trial. So thank you and Shelby and the others for posting.

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

HI .

Was just thinking since macros are not made for X5 then it could be possible for adverse effects if you try em in X6. Upgrades always cause issues, and when a user copies in a bunch of macros, all from different authors,  increases variables for causes of problems.

The other thing I can think of to get ya up and running would be to make sure to delete all registry entries associated with CorelDraw while Uninstalling. Make sure to get em all but be careful, mess with the registry at your own risk. Also delete all folders that CorelDraw created. Make sure to get em all even the ones in the Users folders.

Then re-install.

If this doesn't work you could try installing as a different user. Create a new user in Windows and log in as that user, Install.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 25 Contributor
Jacksonville, Florida USA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Any chance when installing all the previous times you manually went and removed any files remaining before reinstalling? With any software installing a newer version along with an older version still installed can cause conflict.  I know you are tired of all the trying I have been there yet with equipment in my old shop. 

I would try again and manually remove any and all instances of corel files and folders and then install DRAW.  Also be weary of your workspace being corrupt if you import an old X5 workspace into your new install.

Thank you John and Richard

John maybe right in the user theory, as I downloaded the trial and installed it as the administrator to the C drive and the X5 is installed on my D drive as kwonbup with administrator privileges.  I'm not sure if that would make any difference or not because they both were running fine until I uninstalled the X6 trial.

I just found another thread were Davidoncorel basically has the same problem. http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/33034/155318.aspx

Thank You

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.