connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

CorelDraw 12 upgrade

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

David Wilson posted on Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:21

Not having any luck getting an answer from CorelDraw on my question, hopefully someone here will know the answer.  I have a VERY old version of Corel - CorelDraw 12.  Looking to get the latest CorelDraw X6. Do I need to get the full on new version of X6 or can I upgrade from my version 12?

Thanks,

David

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

David Wilson:

Not having any luck getting an answer from CorelDraw on my question, hopefully someone here will know the answer.  I have a VERY old version of Corel - CorelDraw 12.  Looking to get the latest CorelDraw X6. Do I need to get the full on new version of X6 or can I upgrade from my version 12?

Thanks,

David

As far as I know, right now, Corel is offering the upgrade price to X6 only to those that have CGS X4 or CGS X5.

This is a recent change to their marketing of their products, beginning with the X6 version of the Corel Graphics Suite.

If you made your decision, earlier this year, you could have probably squeezed in before the marketing change went to effect. Sorry that you missed the deadline....Crying

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Looks like not:

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4260069

and "click are you eligible for upgrade pricing"

Dave
Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Corel offered an special upgrade promotion for all older versions, until the end of June, 2012. Now, only X4 and X5 can be updated to X6

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Thank you Hugh for the information and quick response...probably best to start from square one anyway since my version was so old. Glad to find this forum.

David

Thank you.  Spent a lot of time on their website trying to find the answer...guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees.  Appreciate your reply.

David

Thank you!

David

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
David,

Here is some information on the change in Corel’s upgrade policy.

You can order the full version at https://www.unleash.com/products/coreldraw-x6.asp as you are not eligible for upgrade pricing. That link will give you the lowest price that Corel currently offers and yes, I do earn a commission if you use the link.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.