connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Distributing objects (corel x5)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

ngc2392 posted on Sun, Oct 28 2012 7:18

Hi (helpfull) guys...just need a help with aligning objects...How to distribute some objects that they are 2mm apart (or more, just need the advice)?

thanks

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

ngc2392:
Hi (helpfull) guys...just need a help with aligning objects...How to distribute some objects that they are 2mm apart (or more, just need the advice)?

It seems you want to add 2mm of space between the objects?

One commercial macro dizzy shaping 3 has the ability to do that for you. Check dist spacing video.

There are other ways, but more tedious.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

If you want to distribute, there is arrange > align and distribute function, which will distribute the space between objects evenly.

The inbuilt distribute function can distribute space either horizontally or vertically. To use it, you must first select some objects (at least three, to be useful).

• Horizontal distribution leaves the leftmost and rightmost objects where they are, and moves the other selected objects horizontally so all objects are equally spaced
  • Vertical distribution leaves the top and bottom objects where they are, and moves the other selected objects vertically so all objects are equally spaced

I'm not sure about X5, but in X6 you have some additional options, to distribute the edges or centres of objects rather than the space between them.

Its not a good way to put a specific space between objects. For that you need to use a macro like the one Jeff suggests.

Or, as a possible way to do it manually, you can :

• turn object snapping on
  • create a dummy object of the correct width, and snap it to the right of the first object
  • snap the second object to the right of the dummy
  • move the dummy to the right of the second ... and repeat until done.

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

Also GDG Space Master is good for this. I currently have an X5 version and hope to make an X6 version soon.

-John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

ok guys...thanks for tips.

But it does feel strange to me why is there no such function? sometimes you need some objects to be evenly distributed over page...? Well, I just start with guidelines then...

bye

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

ngc2392:

ok guys...thanks for tips.

But it does feel strange to me why is there no such function? sometimes you need some objects to be evenly distributed over page...? Well, I just start with guidelines then...

bye

Hi.

Well you can hold shift and use your alignment keyboard shortcuts, ie Shift + E but this spaces by center.

The macros suggested above really work better.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 50 Contributor
Houston, Texas
Male
If the objects are the same you can use the Transformation docker to
create duplicates with an exact spacing. Create a 5mm square, type 7mm
in the H position and put how many copies you want to achieve a row of
squares with exactly 2mm between each object. Positive numbers duplicate
to the right and up. Negative numbers duplicate to the left and down.

Or you can also set your nudge to be 2mm. Turn on snap to object and
line up your objects so they snap next to each other. Then use the arrow
key to nudge them over 2mm.

Steve
www.brutefish.com

well, that's also one good solution. Thanks man Wink

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.