CorelDRAW & Ads

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

Not Ranked
South Africa
Male
Chris Fourie Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:38

I have PAID CorelDRAW X6 in FULL for the program, why am I subjected to ADVERTISING EVERYTIME I start the application???????

CorelDRAW get your ACT together or lose a client

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

I agree. Advertising is perhaps acceptable for trial versions, though personally it would discourage me from evaluating and buying the program in the first place.

Advertising on bought copies is completely wrong.

Its not something that Corel should even have thought about doing. It's just a completely user-hostile and a total disregard of the paying customer's contribution to the success of the program.

In the course of a successful product's lifetime, the users contribute far more financially than the shareholders ever did. And a million times more than the overpaid accountants who come up with the stupid ideas (such as unwanted advertising) that can destroy a product.

If you must have adverts, at least have the decency to make them opt-in not opt-out. Or, do as others do and give the user the choice of a free, advert-infested product or a paid for, advert -free product. Advertising to paid customers is just plain wrong.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Chris Fourie:

I have PAID CorelDRAW X6 in FULL for the program, why am I subjected to ADVERTISING EVERYTIME I start the application???????

CorelDRAW get your ACT together or lose a client

It's an advertising or is an alert for sign in as Premium or Standard Membership?

btw all alerts (including download Corel Website Creator for free, for example) can be disabled. Just click on the box "don't show it again" and no more ads

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

I did tick that box, but its title was ambiguous.

It was something like "do not show this again", and it did appear to be properly and definitely disabling all adverts, including possibly different adverts that might be tried later.

Top 50 Contributor
West Virginia USA
Female

As a legitimate and paying customer I find the advertisements offensive. I should not be subjected to them at all...or have to check a box to disable them. GRRRRRRR.

I don't care if I have bought into the premium membership or not. If I bought and registered my software, any advertisements should be disabled, PERIOD.

Patti

~~~~~~~~~
pranderson

Using 32-bit versions of CDGSX6 & X7
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 / 4.00 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M

Top 25 Contributor
Grand Haven, Michigan
Male

harryLondon:
Advertising on bought copies is completely wrong.

I agree. There shouldn't be any extra splash screens when I'm opening corel products unless it is telling me about a problem!

This forum message sponsored by:
Corel Technical Pack for Graphics Suite x6!

Exclusive Savings for Standard Members:
Save $50
on this valuable New Software Package.
$449, hurry, offer ends May 31, 2013! Buy Now!

Mike

Current System: i3 3.07ghz, 3gb ram, Windows 7 32 bit with all updates and X6

Top 500 Contributor
Eugene, OR

I agree completely!

COREL - GET RID OF THE ADS!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Ariel replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:28

I agree about that there should not be unwanted advertising.  I ask because I have not seen advertising at startup, it may be different depending on each country.

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 200 Contributor
Lockyer Valley, QLD, Aust
Male

This is the one I currently get at startup.

It seems to be targeting Standard members.

So, if you have premium membership you may not get it.

Software used: Wilcom ES3 Level 3  [V3.0H], CorelDrawGS X6 (64-bit) [16.4.0.1280]
Computer: OS: Win7 Pro x64 SP1 | CPU: Intel i5-2500K 3.30Ghz | RAM: 8GB 1600mhz | Graphics: ASUS EAH6850 1GB | Monitor: 24" BenQ E2420HD | Tablet: Wacom Intuos4 Medium

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Yes, that's the one.

And look at it carefully. The option at the bottom is not, as it should be, "Do not display these spam popups at startup" it is "do not display this message again".

The implication is that Corel will keep on spamming me with other unsolicited nuisance popups, even if I opt out now.

This behaviour makes the product look like some bit of cheap freeware, not a top commercial programme.

As a paying customer I should not have been opted in to this unwanted spam in the first place.

Customers make products successful. Incompetent accountants destroy the companies that create them.

Top 150 Contributor
London, UK
Male

I agree with Harry - it does make the program look cheap.

And for me at least ticking the box hasn't worked. So far I've seen this bloody popup three times.

Roy

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Yes surely such ads irritate. But some times some ads do give good information about the products, its availability, some scheme info etc. How about displaying the ads/info on exiting the program. And that too ad with a timer of about 3 seconds without having the user to click and close it. I mean on exiting the app. it displays the ad for 3 seconds and then shuts down automatically. More importantly with a choice to the user to disable this 3 seconder too if not desired.

harryLondon:
As a paying customer I should not have been opted in to this unwanted spam in the first place

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Anand Dixit:
How about displaying the ads/info on exiting the program

Yes, that is a little more acceptable. I would probably not have been so irritated if it had been there in the first place.

But it still needs to be something that users can opt in to, perhaps as a choice at install time, and not something you have to opt out from.

Top 150 Contributor
London, UK
Male

And the ad has just popped up for the fourth time, despite the box not to show again being ticked!

Roy

Top 25 Contributor
Ottawa (ON), Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that some of you might not like to see these "ads", and we are always very careful regarding if and which one we include to CorelDRAW users. We know that a good number of CorelDRAW users create technical illustration, and this tool is worth looking at if you are doing these types of graphics, reason why we decided to inform all CorelDRAW Graphics Suite users about it.

I am checking why some of you are seeing this message multiple times if you selected not to show it again, as this should not happen.

Premium members will see a similar message, but they are getting an even bigger discount that nobody else is getting (they will actually save more than the price of the Premium Membership if they are interested in Technical Illustration tools).

Gérard

Using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7.1 with Premium Membership, CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 SP1 & CorelCAD 2014.5
on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit  / Intel Core i7, 8 Gb RAM.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.