Long time Corel user X5 stability, same as X6, X7

I have used Corel for over 10 years, my first version being Draw 2 (not x2,etc).

I don't use the software a lot, as many pros have it in the list of applications to call on when need be, so I update and upgrade every 2 or more years. I last upgraded I think 2 years ago to X5.  So far I have been crashing each time I use it. Craching, meaning the CorelDraw screen /app freezes. The OS is fine, as other apps. But even closing other apps and trying to see if anything in TaskManager helps, but no luck
!

I'm using Windows 7 Ult/32/64bit. The CorelDraw app says there are no updates to install....

So, do I just upgrade my CS3 as I mainly use it for page layout, not much illustration, But I liked Corel for a long time in its file format compatibility.  But certainly willing to change coarse if stability is a issue, and right now, I have taken at least an hour to sign on here and gather my thoughts to help resolve this. If there is a patch, why isn't the app routed to it via the hHelp tabs?

Well, either way, I reach out to the Corel community for some help to resolve this as I need to get the job done, and if I need to purchase something to get it done, it wont be Corel. I say this with reservation in my mind as I have been a long time users, but I think they have a split in the company of what to do as far as going cloud and alienating all the users they have, or staying as licensed user software.  I just need to make a brochure today.