Stark 4

Tony Stark's car from the Iron Man movies. Not really the Batmobile, but still cool.

Anonymous
  • I think it is fine the way it is. I agree. It seems like because they CAN do something, they have to. Not necessary. Sometimes simple is best.

• If they didn't use and Audi R8, would you think the original plan would be a good idea? I'd probably think the re-write might've made the story a lot more interesting. So many action movies these days seems to rely on car crashes to keep the movie interesting, IMHO.

• I have heard many incidences where something or a sittuation changed a script. For example, the scene where Indiana Jones shoots the guy wielding the sword. From what I read, there was supposed to be an extended fight sequence, Indy was supposed to beat the guy into submmission. But, being on location, Harrison Ford developed the trots...he was ill, and had enough filming for the day. So when the shot came to be filmed, he didn't feel like doing the scene and suggested to Spielburg that just shot the guy. It would be funny and memorable. And he was right. One of the best scenes in the film is owed to gastro intestinal discomfort...to put it mildly.

• I saw it on a feature by National Geographic about Megafactories. Audi was their featured factory then and they showed how they made the R8, and they mentioned how the R8 changed the script in the Iron Man movie. Here's the details of it from IMDB.com:

"During the final battle, there was originally going to be a sequence where Tony, in the Iron Man suit, drives an Audi R8 that would crash into Iron Monger's legs then flip over, after which Iron Man would split the car in half and jump out. However, the Audi R8 was so well-built that it refused to flip despite repeated crashes and the roof wouldn't split the way the Director wanted it to because the car's frame was so tough. As a result, the whole final fight sequence was re-written. The filmmakers were so impressed by the toughness of the car that it was decided that the convertible version was to be featured in the sequel."

• They are wider, but due to the complexity of drawing the wheels, I copied the front wheel and put it on the back...and I had to squeeze it closed to match the different angle, thus the narrow tire. I do plan on fixing it some day. I will have to ungroup it and move the nodes. But what was the script change? It sounds interesting.

• Excellent work, Ken!

Though I'm pretty sure the tires from an actual Audi R8 are much more wider than this. Did you know that there was a change of the script in the Iron Man movie because of this car?

Related
Recommended