Herbie the Love Bug

Another one done by request. But thanks to Greg on Facebook, I would have forgotten to do such ciminatic and TV Classics.

Anonymous
  • I agree on the front number...I couldn't lay it straight, it didn't look right either, so I tried to give it the roundness of the hood, and I guess I missed the mark.

• Hi

Still looks awesome though Ken. Lot's of work I'm sure.

The only thing I notice is that the 53 on the hood looks a little like it's beveled inwards and maybe a tad skewed.

@Adrian. How about the old Bug with the new chic. That would be cool.

-John

• It's very basic. I don't know if it is considered cheating or not...but since my accident, I have a hard time with spacial relations. So I lay the photo on the page in Corel, the plot where things go over it...so everything is in proper proportion. I started this with a Romulan Bird of Prey I did once. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get the sweep of the wings right, so I laided the pic over the art, traced it out, then did the shading. Once I have everything where it belongs, I do all the blends and shades. The typical blends Corel offers in it's fill are not sufficient most times, so I use the blend feature a lot, which is tricky. If you have an odd end hanging off the edge, it tends to blend to the point really filling in places you don't want it to fill in. But if you can work that through, then the rest falls into place.

• Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago

I loved the movies as a child... This is cool!!

• I remember this, don't like the new one with the chick though.

Would like to see how you approach drawing.

Thumbs up!

Related
Recommended