U.S.S. Excelsior

This is the U.S.S. Excelsior. This ship first appeared in Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock. It was known as "The Great Experiment." The original idea in the Star Trek arc was to have Kirk find Spock, save the world and then be awarded the Excelsior. Fans weren't thrilled with that idea. So under pressure of the fans, the powers that be decided to give back a Constitution class sharship and number it NCC-1701/A. But the Excelsior went on to become Captian Sulu's ship, a then modified to become the Enterprise B. This ship appeared in the Next Generation and other incarnations of Star Trek.

Anonymous
  • Impressive work (as usual), but this looks like the Lakota refit, or Enterprise-B. It has the additional impulse engines and the blue bussard scoops, which the Excelsior didn't have. ;)

• Yeah, I hear that from a lot of fans of the  new Galactica...a sci fi soap opera. I hate soap operas. As far as sy fy or sci fi...they are both the same. For some dumb reason, Sci Fi changed their spelling to scy fy. Some sci fi fans say it is the network's attempt at trying to push themselves further away from true sci fi. Go figure...nothing like biting the hand that feeds you. Oh well, like I said, as long as you have DVD why be at the mercy of some network. Oh, and for the record, I agree with you on the new Star Trek movie. I have some complaints about cannon, hardwar and actual story time line. Even though it is a new timeline, there were certain things that should have happened before the movie took place, and yet it's ignored. Like Pike visiting Talos Four with the Enterprise. So the Enterprise is much older than they portray in the new film. I can go on and on...but I won't bore you anymore. Take care and thanks for the comments. Bye.

• Good point. We have the Sci-Fi channel here, not SyFy, but I somehow lose track whenever I try to watch a show here. Either I've seen them before (on another cable channel) or they're not that interesting. Except for Star Trek, though. The latest movie was great.

Can't say if Battlestar Galactica is any good or not since I haven't seen any of them either, but I've just checked an article about this show in Wikipedia and it seems to me its like a really complicated sci-fi soap opera. I'd rather watch the National Geographic Channel or the Science channel instead. I could create more with the facts they present there.

• LOL. Thanks. But I DID post that in my profile. You have been warned. :) But a side note...Yes, Star Trek...sY fY channel...no. No station out there tries to avoid good sci fi than the sy fy channel. I clammored my cable company to get it. When they did, it had decent programming. Now their lame made for TV show and movies...the abomination they called Battlestar Galactica. Forget it. I NEVER watch the channel. And why bother when you have DVD. Buy what you want...watch what you want.

• Why do I get the feeling You're a big fan of Star Trek and the Sci-Fi channel? :-)

Amazing work!

Related
Recommended