Moving a specific node to a location, along with the entire shape.

Hi all,

This is kind of a 2 part question...The first part is when you move a node to a specific location, how do you know if it will move the entire shape with it, versus only moving that node to the location, as you would with the shape tool?

The second question is about moving that node. What I have done is created a long triangle(vertically) and then moved the center rotation point the bottom node. Next I was able to duplicate that same shape and rotate it around that point, which makes it look like a star. I'm now randomizing the width and height of the triangle, but after it's resized, I want to put that shape back into position, where the center rotation point and node are back to a specific x,y location. I see a few options to move the center rotation point, but I want the shape to follow it, not just move the center rotation point. Then I thought since there is a node right below it, I could select that node and move it to that x, y coordinate. This is where I'm stuck. How do I keep track of that particular node so I can move it back after resizing it?

Thanks,
Joseph