Imagine you have to create a vector rope, perhaps tied around something or with knots in it. In CorelDRAW®, you can easily accomplish this with a line segment and a curve. The Artistic Media tool is great for tasks like this, but how to achieve the best result? The rope segment needs to be tiled along the curve, but the Object Sprayer Mode of the Artistic Media tool doesn't distort the rope segments according to the curvatures of the curve. And with Brush Stroke Mode, the rope segment will be stretched to the whole length of the curve.

One solution could be to duplicate the rope segment for the whole length of the curve before making an Artistic Media brush out of it, but this will increase the file size unnecessarily.

My solution is to make an Artistic Media brush stroke from the rope segment and apply it to the curve. Then, select all nodes of the curve with the Curve tool (F10), and divide the curve segments several times with the Add Nodes button on the property bar. I do this until I have curve segments with the length of the rope segment. Then I select all nodes again and break them apart with the Break Curve button. Now I have my rope segment seamlessly tiled along the curve, with proper distortion on the curvatures of the curve.

Tip provided by Maurice Beumers, CorelDRAW Master, Graphic designer and illustrator.

Note: This tip is available in 3 languages (English, French and German).