When you're working with both CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT on a project, you can use Corel CONNECT trays to provide quick access to reference images, final images, CDR files, or CPT files. By using the Tray docker in both applications (Window > Dockers > Tray), you can simply drag images into the tray to keep all images at hand at all times. This workflow has helped me with many projects, as I'll sometimes make quick rough sketches in Corel PHOTO-PAINT, and then open them in CorelDRAW to recreate them as vector art or to be part of a final design.

When I work with reference images for any sort of design or illustration, it really enhances the entire process and saves a lot of time. By dragging an image or document into the Tray docker in Corel PHOTO-PAINT, it is instantly at my fingertips in the Tray docker in CorelDRAW. This way, I never have to switch back and forth between applications and open the image multiple times. Instead, I simply click the image in the synchronized Tray docker. You can even maintain multiple Trays, which is perfect for simultaneously working on several projects.

Tip provided by Stefan Lindblad, CorelDRAW Master, Illustrator, Graphic Designer & Artist