A Lomography photo effect is an effect made when working with artistic photography using an analog LCA Camera and mixing chemicals when processing it to a final photo on paper. This is one method of reproducing a Lomo effect using Corel PHOTO-PAINT in a few quick steps to get you started. Remember you can use other methods, this is only one way of doing it.
For this exercise I am using a photo I took myself, and the image above shows the original image on the right side and on the left after the Lomography effect has been applied.  
1. Open a color photograph in Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
2. Create a Tone Curve Lens object (Object > Create > New Lens > Tone Curve), and manipulate the curve to create a hard S-curve to get dark contrasts and effects.
3. Create a new object (Object > Create > New Object), and fill it with Black (set the Fill color to black and with the Fill tool from the Toolbox and the new object selected, fill with color).
4. In the Object Manager docker, Choose Merge Mode > HUE.
5. Set opacity slider to about 50% or to your own taste.
6. Create a new Lens object and choose a Sharpen or Unsharp mask Lens object which will add sharpness and added contrast.
7. Create a new Lens object and choose the Contrast Enhancements Lens Object setting the Input Value Clipping to your liking (the image above uses an Input Value Clipping of 39 for example). And there you have a Lomography photo effect. Go wild and crazy and experiment!

Tip provided by Stefan Lindblad, CorelDRAW Master, Illustrator, Graphic Designer & Artist.