The team at Corel is hard at work getting ready to release the second service pack for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 in the coming few months. While I cannot give you all the details right now, I wanted to share some of the things that are expected to make it into SP2:

• First, we will be expanding the RAW support capabilities with SP2. We expect to add support for following camera models: Panasonics LX3 and FZ28, Nikon D90, P6000 and D700, Canon EOS 50D and EOS 1000D, Canon PowerShot SD300, Sony A900, Kodak C603, and Olympus E-520.
  • Using the Scroll wheel or Alt+arrows with text and/or curve objects on the page should no longer causes screen refresh issues.
  • We will be including the previously released hot-fix, which means that CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 should launch properly when Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical 2009, or MS SQL Server 2008 are installed on the system. 
  • Visual feedback is expected to be available when adjusting line, character, or word spacing with the Shape tool in Wireframe mode. 
  • Highlighted text should no longer deselect when attempting to change the font.
  • Drop shadows are also being worked on. Those applied to text objects should no longer cause display issues when placed over a PowerClip object and those applied to a text object with the outline set to "Behind Fill" should now applies the drop shadow to the fill. 
  • Importing a single-layer CDR file into another single-layer CDR file will no longer imports the file onto a new layer.
  • Print Merge is expected to properly merge text attributes of a data placeholder.
  • Barcodes should only appear on the black separation layer, instead of separating to all four colors.

This is just a partial list of all the things we are working on for Service Pack 2, and I have to use the words "should" or "is expected to" as I will only have confirmation that these are really done once we release SP2. I will keep you posted with more information when available. When released, you will get notified automatically by CorelDRAW / Corel PHOTO-PAINT through the auto-update mechanism in the welcome screen.