Microsoft recently released version 8.1 of the Windows operating system. The latest version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (X6.4) has been fully tested on Windows 8.1 and works great. If you are upgrading your Windows 8 computer to 8.1, make sure to install Update 4 before upgrading to Windows 8.1, as we have included specific fixes that make for a smooth transition in our latest Update.

As mentioned before, the X6.4 update requires a valid Membership or Subscription for CorelDRAW, which includes the free Standard Membership for anyone who has purchased CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6. You can get the fourth update by going to the Help > Check for Update menu in CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT.

Happy CorelDRAWing!

• djh, it sounds like you have a high-resolution screen - that would explain why things are fuzzy on the screen, or very small. We only support High-resolution screens with X7. Regarding the ME fonts (and for more about the fuzzy screen), I would recommend you post your questions in the forums.

Gérard

• Dear Mr. Metrailler,

I bought a new computer, loaded 8.1, and Corel Draw 16 (plus update), but I can't read the menus. The text is white on black and very fuzzy. Also, some of the ME fonts are rectangles?

I have been using CorelDraw since 1993. Can you advise me?

• The current trial of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (version X6.1) can be installed on Windows 8.1 and should work fine (but will work even better once purchased and the X6.4 update installed).

Regarding Home & Student X6, that version is based on X6.1, e.g. the same as above applies. For those with Home & Student X6, you can upgrade to the 2014 version through an in-product offer. The 2014 version of Home & Student is based on X6.4 code base.

Gérard

• A couple of questions that may help answer forum questions about using 8.1:

* Is the current X6 trial download intended to work with 8.1 ?

* Do X6 Home and Student users need any updates for 8.1 ?

• Thanks for the info!

Can I still add that I did install X6.4 on my New Laptop with Windows 8.1 and it worked great. Did´nt go via the route you told. - I didnt know to be honest ;-)

Maybe it whent extra smoothe considering I simply installed Windows 8.1 on a clean windows 8 Before I installed anything at all.

I too as a regular user can confirm that CorelDRAW X6.4 and PHOTO-PAINT X6.4 works great on my new Dell laptop!