• Mon, Oct 31 2011

GDG Selection Saver

There are times when it only takes seconds to select the objects you want to modify in CorelDRAW. At other times you may spend quite some time perfecting your selection. In situations like the latter, you want GDG Selection Saver in your toolbox. It gives you the ability to save the current selection for use at a later time. Of course you can name the selections so they are easier to choose later from the dialog box.
    • Sun, Oct 30 2011

Hurray! I Reached Bronze on Vectorstock!

Today I was very happy to find out that I reached bronze level on Vectorstock! (...)Read the rest of Hurray! I Reached Bronze on Vectorstock! (436 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2011. | Permalink | No comment | Post tags: level, sell, sign up, vector, vectorstock
    • Sun, Oct 30 2011

Why is this art dangerous to the goverment

Click on this link attached. Look at the picture and ask yourself in what way this sculpture by a Tunisian artist in Tunisia is so dangerous to the rulers of Tunisia, that they need to instantly remove it. Personally I dont get it. Link: http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/konstnarer-oroliga-efter-islamistsegern   . Please use Google translate to read the article in your prefered language http://translate.google.com Was...
    • Sun, Oct 30 2011

Halloween Themed Artwork

Only one more day until Halloween is upon us and scary creatures of all sorts are walking through the neighborhood looking for tasty treats. Today I'm going to look at just some of the clip art packages that fit the Halloween theme. No doubt that one or more of these packages will have images you want in your collection. Ghost Flames gives you more than 680 flames scary enough for any ghost. Demons & Devils has...
    • Sun, Oct 30 2011

A master and disciple caring for each others

In sports like football 30 years of age is considered old. Which it of course is not. Its very much relative one could say. My fellow Swede, the great Zlatan Ibrahimovic is now 30. I hope he will continue playing for at least 5 years more. That way we who loves his art on the pitch will be able to see him play and paint his art in Brazil, would Sweden qualify for the World Championship of Football. Passion, artistry,...
    • Sat, Oct 29 2011

Dynamic Auto-Painter

Ever since I first saw Corel Painter , I thought it was really cool how a photo could be turned into a painting. When I first saw Painter (it was made by Fractal Design back then), it was many years before digital photography came on the scene. That was also long before it was commonplace to work with large images and to print anything on a wide-format printer. Now large images from digital cameras are everywhere. It...
    • Fri, Oct 28 2011

Qbicle BRK Fonts

I have been very lucky that I've never had a job where I had to sit in a cubicle farm. There have been some assignments where I was trapped in a cubicle for a few days and I was thrilled that I didn't have to do that every day. The Qbicle BRK set of fonts makes each character look like a little cubicle. Obviously these fonts aren't something you'll use every day, but maybe they could be used for a logo...
    • Fri, Oct 28 2011

Why americans & Britts use Red, Blue & White in design

Why americans and in some way the Brittish/UK constantly use red, blue and white in their design are probably of 2 reasons. 1 being they love their country flag. 2 They are nationalistic. Nothing of this has to be wrong in any way whatsoever. But if I as a Swede would use Blue and yellow all over my design then it would only feel odd. And some would claim it to be nationalistic, and in Sweden that is just considered bad...
    • Thu, Oct 27 2011

Fun With Polygons and Stars in CorelDRAW

Some of the more basic tools in CorelDRAW can also provide some really cool results. I've been playing with the Polygon, Star and Complex Star tools and it reminded me what they could create because they all use symmetry when they are modified. If you move one node, all other nodes around the polygon or star will be modified in the same way. Of course you can also add symmetrical nodes to the shape. When you add one...
    • Wed, Oct 26 2011

Canon PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer

When you look at the inkjet printers on the market, it might just make your head spin. There are hundreds of choices out there. Obviously you want something that creates great prints for a reasonable amount of money. Once it passes the baseline, you start looking at what else the printer can do. I feel the Canon PIXMA MG5320 meets all of the above requirements and more. One of the best features found in this printer is...
    • Tue, Oct 25 2011

What’s In A Name? Google+ Censorship – That’s What!

Apparently, as evidenced by this example, Google’s new Social Media darling, Google+ loves to censor photos based upon certain keywords. I posted a picture on September 1st titled “Full-Frontal Hummingbird: Yesterday’s best capture.” A few days later it was replaced with this black graphic and an international no-entry symbol. The only thing I can conclude [...]
    • Tue, Oct 25 2011

Shop Clever on RedBubble

I have just received the pack of my postcards and stickers from RedBubble, and wanted to show them to you, and also to comment on how you can buy more for less money to create great personal greeting cards. Find out more at a jump: (...)Read the rest of Shop Clever on RedBubble (479 words) [...]
    • Tue, Oct 25 2011

CorelDRAW Unleashed User Conference Disc and Handout

It is hard for me to believe that the CorelDRAW Unleashed User Conference was more than three years ago. We were doing some cleaning around our office and came across the four remaining printed handouts left from the conference. If you don't have one, now is your chance before they are all gone. We won't be printing any more! It is a 152 page full-color printed book with details on each of the sessions presented...
    • Mon, Oct 24 2011

Vector Basic Training by Von Glitschka/ VectorScribe Plug-in for Adobe Illustrator

On Saturday I attended Vector Basic Training in Lodon International Technology Show, held by Von Glitschka in association with Astute Graphics. Click ‘Continue Reading’ to find out more. (...)Read the rest of Vector Basic Training by Von Glitschka/ VectorScribe Plug-in for Adobe Illustrator (518 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2011. | Permalink | [...]
    • Mon, Oct 24 2011

Free Monogram Macro Supplied With Monogram Fonts

Anyone creating apparel designs will need to add a monogram at some point. Even in other areas of design, monograms can come in handy. GDG has created three special fonts for creating monograms . There is a cost for the fonts. Each of the fonts contains letters for the left, center and right position of the monogram. To make the fonts easier to use, you get a free CorelDRAW macro. Simply type in the letters you want and...
    • Sun, Oct 23 2011

Textures Unleashed Lite Volume 4: Terrain

Now you can get 119 seamless terrain textures with the fourth product in the "Lite" series to be added to our Textures Unleashed seamless textures . The difference is that the disc-based products contain four sizes of textures and the "Lite" products only include the smallest size. As it is a download, you won't get a disc or a printed sample sheet. You can download the free PDF sample sheet to...
    • Sat, Oct 22 2011

Stickies for Your Computer

If anyone sees my desk, they would think I'm not very organized. I agree that it typically has a pile of stuff on it. Part of that is a series of sticky notes to remind me of some tidbit of information. Now I need to think a little bit differently and I need to shift those sticky notes to my computer. Stickies is free software that gives you the ability to store sticky notes on your computer. You can put them most...
    • Fri, Oct 21 2011

Eagleclaw Fonts

Last Saturday I was watching my Jayhawks play football. Some would say they are so bad you couldn't call it football, but that isn't a subject for this blog. Prior to the National Anthem, an eagle flew to midfield and it was pretty impressive. When I found hte Eagleclaw family of fonts , I immediately thought of the pregame eagle. Once again I tried searching for some fonts relevant to Halloween. There are a total...
    • Thu, Oct 20 2011

Two Color Patterns Should Be Avoided in CorelDRAW

Recently a loyal reader posed a question on the Graphics Unleashed Facebook Page about two color patterns in CorelDRAW. The question was how to move custom two color patterns from one version of CorelDRAW to another. In short, you can't. They would need to be re-created in each new version of CorelDRAW. This is just one of the reasons why I feel two color patterns should be avoided. The other is that they are very...
    • Wed, Oct 19 2011

New Positive Contest!

Hiya! Just wanted to post about a new contest, organized by PosiveNews Group in Vkontakte! Find out more at a jump: (...)Read the rest of New Positive Contest! (108 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2011. | Permalink | No comment | Post tags: news, picture, positive, profile, vkontakte
    • Wed, Oct 19 2011

iGo Green Power Smart Wall

I talked about a portable power strip last week and this week I want to look at a different one that can save you some money. When you have something plugged in to a regular strip, it is always drawing power even when it isn't being used. The term for it is vampire power. One solution is to get a power strip that will shut down when it isn't being used. The iGo Green Power Small Wall is one such power strip. You...
    • Tue, Oct 18 2011

Working With Objects in Corel PHOTO-PAINT

Did you know that Corel PHOTO-PAINT is included with the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite and provides a powerful tool for editing bitmaps? One of the more powerful features are the Objects you can create. They are exactly the same as a Layer in Adobe Photoshop. Corel PHOTO-PAINT X5 Unleashed Lesson 3 gives you detailed instructions on working with objects, lens, merge modes, clip masks and much more! You get a 10-page PDF containing...
    • Mon, Oct 17 2011

123RF Subscription Codes Giveaway!

Today you have an opportunity to get 1 of the three 1-month subscription codes to purchase images from 123RF! Click ‘Continue reading’ to find out more about giveaway as well as 123RF itself: (...)Read the rest of 123RF Subscription Codes Giveaway! (591 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2011. | Permalink | No comment [...]
    • Mon, Oct 17 2011

CameraSim DSLR Simulator

Digital SLR cameras can be expensive. If you haven't learned how to adjust all the settings on the camera, you have a learning curve in front of you. That's where today's site comes to the rescue. CameraSim allows you to adjust settings as if you were looking through the viewfinder of a real camera. Adjust the settings on the Web site and see how they change the image you see. In short, you can practice using...
    • Sun, Oct 16 2011

New Free Vector Available to Download from VectorStock

(...)Read the rest of New Free Vector Available to Download from VectorStock (48 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2011. | Permalink | No comment | Post tags: character, chinese, dragon, freebie, vector