• Tue, Jan 31 2012

I Hope You Kept That Marginal Image

Today I shoot a 5DMKII at a whopping 21.1 Megapixels. Right after I switched from film to Digital, I bought a Canon 20D with (a whopping at that time) 8.2 MP. Now this newest camera has much better image quality and dynamic range than than older camera. But do you know what? I can’t just [...]
    • Tue, Jan 31 2012

Creating Art From Words Using Wordle

Recently I have seen a question coming up with regards to creating artwork from arranging words of different sizes into a specific shape. Today I wanted to tell you about a simple way to create such artwork, though admittedly you don't have as many options as you may like. The word cloud you see above was created in only a couple of minutes. I used a Web site by the name of Wordle to create it. In order to use the...
    • Tue, Jan 31 2012

Comparing Stock Sales in January 2011 and January 2012

Hi! In this post I decided to compare my sales on Shutterstcok, Vectostock and iStock photo in January 2011 and January 2012. Press “Continue Reading” to find out more: (...)Read the rest of Comparing Stock Sales in January 2011 and January 2012 (189 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2012. | Permalink | No [...]
    • Mon, Jan 30 2012

Movie Posters For Titles Reimagined For Another Time and Place

Last week I told you about 10 Alternative Book Covers & Film Posters to help kickstart your creativity. This week I thought I would share something similar, yet different. This time it is movie posters for recent popular titles. But the posters imagine that the films were shot in another time and place. As an example, think of The Hangover set in an earlier time with Dean Martin , Jack Lemmon and Jerry Lewis . Movies...
    • Mon, Jan 30 2012

Beta Test Initiative and Vexillology

I admit it, there are some TV shows I just love. As a self-proclaimed computer geek, The Big Bang Theory is one of those shows. The most recent episode (before this post was written) was entitled The Beta Test Initiative ( you can watch online here ) so that piqued my interest since I've done my fair share of beta testing. Then the episode got started and there was discussion about vexillology . No, I had no idea...
    • Sun, Jan 29 2012

Music Unleashed Volume 1

It seems everyone loves music, though they may not agree on what type of music they like. Unfortunately I've yet to find a way to make a CorelDRAW file musical, so we did the next best thing and put together a collection of music-related artwork . It contains 77 graphics in CorelDRAW format. Each of the files has been keyworded so you can easily search using ROMCat or Corel CONNECT. Files are provided in both CorelDRAW...
    • Sat, Jan 28 2012

Irfanview File Viewer, Converter and Editor

It seems at least once a year I feel compelled to tell you about the wonderful Irfanview utility . Loyal readers are aware that I had a failing hard drive and had to re-install my system . Prior to the re-install, I made a list of all the software I needed to install and Irfanview was near the top of the list. First, it is free. When you download it , make sure to also download the free plugins/addons offered. My number...
    • Fri, Jan 27 2012

Octin College Fonts

If you create artwork for a school of any kind, then you are probably in need of a "college" style font. It is the style of font with block letters so commonly found in school-related artwork. Octin College Fonts gives you a collection of eight different weights so you'll have exactly what you need. What do you think of this font family? Post a message on the Graphics Unleashed Facebook page and share your...
    • Fri, Jan 27 2012

What Is That One Feature For You?

We ask two questions on the Graphics Unleashed Facebook page and we'd love to hear from more users about these questions. You can either click the link on the question to answer directly on Facebook or you can post a comment to the blog if you don't use Facebook. Please read both questions before answering as they are very similar. The first question: If there was one feature added to the next version of CorelDRAW...
    • Thu, Jan 26 2012

The Interview Series: Bob Friedman, CorelDRAW user & Beta Tester, runs his own family business, Pams Press Graphics in USA

My Interview series now continue with Bob Friedman, CorelDRAW user & Beta Tester, runs his own family business, Pams Press Graphics in PA, USA . I interview people I have come to know through Corel forums, and who are fellow beta testers of and fellow CorelDRAW Graphics Suite users. And some of us have met in real life. Your Name: Bob Friedman Website: http://pamspress.com Style & type of work you produce? Today...
    • Thu, Jan 26 2012

Why Bother?

Just a quick rant today. The proliferation of poor stock photos or stock photos used poorly has reached its culmination. Someone figured out that people are drawn to pictures. Those same people figured out if they wanted their text read by casually browsing readers, that a photo could grab some attention.  They started sticking stock [...]
    • Thu, Jan 26 2012

What Is The Best Way to Learn CorelDRAW?

Not a day goes by where I don't see someone asking the best way for them to learn CorelDRAW. I am certainly biased since I create training products, but there is not a universal answer. The first place to start is by RTFM (read the fine manual...though some have another definition for the acronym). CorelDRAW does come with a good manual that covers the basics of the software. It also comes with a help file and some...
    • Thu, Jan 26 2012

Graphics Unleashed Newsletter for January 26, 2012 Now Posted

We've posted the January 26, 2012 edition of the Graphics Unleashed Newsletter . Make sure to check out the thirty-seven new articles and a lot of exciting new products.
    • Wed, Jan 25 2012

Cables To Go USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter

I shared the ordeal of my hard drive failing with you in a post last week along with the way I set up my systems to help make sure the data gets properly backed up. There was a small amount of data on the system drive and I transferred almost all of it to my data drive before replacing the old, failing drive. Installation of the new drive went well and I've gotten almost everything installed on the new drive. I'm...
    • Tue, Jan 24 2012

Free Update for Corel® Painter™ 12 Customers Further Enriches the Creative Experience for Digital Artists

Building on the success of Corel Painter 12 announced last year, Corel is excited to announce the availability of a new free update to the world's most powerful art studio. Loaded with enhancements and valuable additions, this free update provides artists with fresh, new ways to explore their creative vision. Corel® Painter™ 12.1 offers new brush sharing and management options, workspace management, and Photoshop...
    • Tue, Jan 24 2012

Selling Stock Vectors Tip#17

With this post I continue the series of tips of how to sell your stock images. Please press “Continue reading” to find out more: (...)Read the rest of Selling Stock Vectors Tip#17 (268 words) © Anastasiia Kucherenko for Anastasiia Ku, 2012. | Permalink | No comment | Post tags:
    • Tue, Jan 24 2012

E-Mail Newsletters and Good Screenshots

It seems that about every week I see somebody asking questions about how to create an e-mail newsletter in CorelDRAW or how to take a screenshot. Both of these topics have been covered in previous blog posts so I'll first give you links to those and then I'll share some additional information about screenshots. First and foremost, an "e-mail newsletter" is nothing but a Web page. CorelDRAW is not the...
    • Mon, Jan 23 2012

Graphics Unleashed Media Marketplace Now With More Than 1500 Products

The Graphics Unleashed Media Marketplace was built as a resource for products of interest to users of graphics software, most notably CorelDRAW users. There are now more than 1500 unique products available, such as vector artwork, seamless bitmap textures, add-ons, fonts, training materials and much more. Included are products not only created by Unleashed Productions but a wide variety of products from other companies...
    • Mon, Jan 23 2012

The Like Economy: How Businesses Make Money With Facebook

I know from your interaction with the blog and the Graphics Unleashed Facebook page that some of you are big fans of Facebook. It is also clear that some of you absolutely hate it and you've written to tell me about it. Many of you have your own businesses and the rest of you may be influential in the marketing of your employer. Today I wanted to tell you about a book entitled The Like Economy: How Businesses Make...
    • Sun, Jan 22 2012

US Flags Unleashed Volume 1

If you have been using CorelDRAW for a long time, you may remember the time when it came with various flags as part of the the clip art collection. Just because they are no longer included doesn't mean that you don't have a need to use flags in your artwork so we've put together a collection of United States flags that covers most anything you could need. US Flags Unleashed Volume 1 contains a total of 246...
    • Sun, Jan 22 2012

10 Alternative Book Covers & Film Posters

It is also inspirational to look at designs by others. Of course there may be times when you envision a way that you would have done the design a bit differently. You'll definitely want to check out a post entitled 10 Alternative Book Covers & Film Posters to see how some famous titles have been redesigned. I don't remember all the originals, but I certainly like the redesigns presented. What do you think...
    • Sat, Jan 21 2012

WinZip 16 Now Available

It may not always be known by all users that Corel is the owner of the Winzip program. Every user has to deal with compressed files like ZIP files on a very regular basis. Simple tools are built into Windows for working with ZIP files, but it doesn't cover the wide variety of compressed formats that exist. A new version of WinZip has been released by the name of Corel WinZip 16 . A list of some of the new features...