create a neon glow coreldraw x3

Hi, I am creating an illustration of a 50's diner,I want to create a neon tube with a glow around it as if it is lit up,I have done the line draw of the neon strip, converted the line to an object,then did a drop shadow in the normal mode with a low feather number,but it just isn't bright enough to look like a "neon" strip.

any ideas????        vince c. 

Parents
  • Some notes and techniques that may help:

1. You can extend your shadow to a large area by changing "Drop Shadow Feather Direction" from the shadow property bar to Outside.
    2. You can have one object with a small and strong shadow, to simulate the direct light emitted from the object, and a duplicate with a large shadow (Feather Direction set to Outside) to simulate the light falling on the surroundings. Add duplicates as you find necessary...
    3. You can get a shadow without an object, if you need, by making that abject 100% transparent.
    4. Blend the glow color with the surrounding objects colors.
    5. You can have another effect by changing "Drop Shadow Feather Direction" to Inside and make your object transparent.
    6. You can simulate the light casting on the wall holding that neon, for example, by adding another duplicate and change shadow (glow) offset.
    7. Make sure that you set the Rendering Resolution (Tools > Options > General) to appropriate value.
    8. If your object dimensions are small, you will not get detailed and smooth shadows (depends on Rendering Resolution).
Reply Children
No Data