CorelDRAW Certification Exam?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if here's any such thing as a Certification Exam for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4?

There's an institution here in Guyana that offers what they call  DTP certification Classes and Exams. Upon completion you're issued a certificate that says you are a qualified CorelDRAW user. But I doubt that's ligitimate since I done my investigation and they are teaching Version 9. I spoke to one of the lecturers there and it seems that he's guessing his way.

It will be great if any one can shed some light on this topic.

[edited by: Adrian Juman at 5:59 (GMT -7) on Mon, Nov 24 2008]

27 Replies - Latest Reply

• Hi Adrian,

There used to be something like that if I am not totally wrong.

[edited by: Stefan Lindblad at 6:29 (GMT -7) on Mon, Nov 24 2008]
  • In reply to Stefan Lindblad:

Stefan Lindblad

Hi Adrian,

There used to be something like that if I am not totally wrong.

I did a google search on the topic but came up with nothing. This is something I would like to have. Maybe some one of the corel employees can say if this is possible anymore?

[edited by: Adrian Juman at 9:03 (GMT -7) on Mon, Nov 24 2008]
  • In reply to Adrian Juman:

Hi Adrian,

I wonder if you got some feedback to your question. I'm interested into the same topic, especially in possibilities to take this certification examxs in Germany.

I heard about a service  called  Pearson VUE (vue.com) who are offering exams for Adobe products but I was not able to find any exams for Corel products.

If anybody has informations please share them, thanks.

Samuel

• In reply to Samuel Marcius:

good question it's 2016 and I still cannot find any info on certification I've been using CDR since 2002 but the corel employess on this site have Corel Branded Certified Masters
  • The only certification program I can vaguely remember was a certified service bureau (output provider) program and that was many years ago. Believe me in this modern world of irrelevance some sort of program to acknowledge capabilities would be helpful in many cases.

• In reply to David Milisock:

Hi Juman,
    It depends on what you call "certification".
    1. Is it some kind of legal document. For instance, in most towns in the USA, you have to be a "certified" electrician to change or install electrical equipment. It's written into law and regulations.
    2. On the other hand, any institution or even individual can give you a certification that you have studied with him. I can give you a "certification" that you have read my post on CMY.
    Phil
  • Hi Adrian,
    It depends on what you call "certification".
    1. Is it some kind of legal document. For instance, in most towns in the USA, you have to be a "certified" electrician to change or install electrical equipment. It's written into law and regulations.
    2. On the other hand, any institution or even individual can give you a certification that you have studied with him. I can give you a "certification" that you have read my post on CMY.
    Phil
  • In reply to Phil1923:

The problem with certifications is evaluating their value. An example would be our local nursing program, for 25 years it was a 2 year program with 2 institutions turning out nurses. Form the last 10 years there have been 6 institutions turning out graduates quality of the graduates is now so poor that all the local hospitals require a 4 year degree.

The quality of the graduates is no better but they have paid more money.

• Hi Adrian,
    Wow, that is going way back to the 90s. I took a service bureau certification text back during draw v8. Still have the certificate and welcome package.
    At that time I did the same for Microsoft Publisher (certified service bureau). Passed that and got both publisher and win 2000 pro no charge. There were also tests for Coreldraw users (expert users) and there was a private newsgroup for those that passed. That same group offered loads of help in the newsgroups. There are a few names here that passed that test back then. I think it's been years since that stopped.

I know Michael C from Puerto Rico was one whom passed user expert.
  • In reply to bob:

Just to add it was Corel and Microsoft giving the certifications and not a third party. Certification is only as good as the issuer. I am not aware of anyone whom can really certify an artist based on the tools they use, it's about the talent within.
  • In reply to bob:

bob
    I know Michael C from Puerto Rico was one whom passed user expert

Yes it was Michael who kept nagging me to get on these forums. Rob Berndt ran those for Corel and it was he who flew me up in that damn ice storm.

• In reply to bob:

Bob I've been chewing on the concept since it was first posted he a couple days ago and I do believe there may be a way to do something but convincing Corel as I'm not sure that the return on their investment will come back quickly.

Hi David,
    I may be wrong but back then in the 90s computers to print was a huge challenge in many ways as compared to now. Colors, file prep, pre press, plates, etc. Print shops, screen printers, were just getting used to this technology. Computers were a mystery and scary to print shops.
    You certainly know all this stuff, you were there. Back then full color printing was magic and quick print and small quantities on demand places were making a killing. Now you do it at home, no big deal or upload to vistaprint, done.
    I was messing with dye sub to material items using Fargo printers with Sawgrass power ribbons. The big deal was getting print shops to upgrade past v7.

Bob I've been chewing on the concept since it was first posted he a couple days ago and I do believe there may be a way to do something but convincing Corel as I'm not sure that the return on their investment will come back quickly.
    It's all about return$$$$$$
  • In reply to bob:

Hello Guys; There are a LOT Of THINGS TO CONSIDER. if you are Just talking about the Graphics, OR THE JOB IT SELF. To Be A GOOD JOB, It Must Last........Some people do a Nice job on designing a job but putting it on something is another story. Some people can do a good job on something smooth but not on corrugated items. ( try it and see how it turns out.) Weather it is indoors or outdoors.
      Me I grade signs 1-10 (the Best being a 10.) It's like putting something flat on the ground, you can read it standing before it or you can read it going 50 miles and hour? (try that also.).

Just Some More Of My Thoughts, George