NFR version question

Quick question I couldn't find an answer to. I found someone selling a NFR version of CDX4.   Now I know they aren't suppose to resell it, but if I purchase it, what cons would there be to me?  If I understand correctly. I won't be able to upgrade to newer version without buying a full copy. I'm ok with this as it's for an older laptop.

Are there any features missing in a NFR version as there is in the Academic/Home versions? Does it have the VBA plugin option? Are you allowed to use it commercially?

Also they claim the CD key has not been used but if it turns out it has been when attempting to registier, what happens are what are options?

• The not for resale (NFR) versions have multiple differences with the full or upgrade versions of CorelDRAW. First it's about the license and what you are and aren't allowed to use it for (the End User License Agreement - EULA has a specific section about the NFR version - www.corel.com/eula). While I won't comment on specifics, commercial work is not allowed and the intend of NFR versions is for evaluation, testing and demonstration purpose. Also, resale of Corel software has specific terms in the EULA.

From a features perspective, what is included in the NFR version has varied over time, and I don't recall the specifics of X4. It could very well be that VBA was not included in that version, but I'm not certain. You should assume that the NFR version doesn't include what is not needed to evaluate the functionality of the core product. Aslo, you can't upgrade from an NFR version.

Sorry for not providing more specific answers... most of the answers would be specific to your context and would require legal advise. From past experience, when a deal is too good to be true, it usually is. Most of the marketplace re-sale are not legitimate.

Gérard