Issue with Upgrade to CorelDRAW Graphic Suit 2017 from X8

I have license of X8 Maintenance (With Upgrade Program) of 2 years. I purchased X8 about 8 months back. I have following issues:

1. I do not received any notification from Corel on release of version 2017. As a license and registered user, I should be informed about any update or upgrade versions.

2. I raised a ticket at corel support about "How to upgrade to version 2017 from X8" about 10 days ago. But sadly no reply yet.

3. There is no procedure explained or provided by any corel technical person on "How to upgrade"

4. I downloaded the trial version and even tried to apply serial no which came with X8, but of no use.

I am surprised with the approach of Corel Corporation with the registered user of their products. Very very poor support.

Parents
No Data
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago

I had sort of a similar problem only I don't have the maintenance program.  I wasn't informed until the end of 2016 after I purchased X8 last August that an upgrade was coming out in a few months (end of 2016 then). Because X8 was released around March 2016, I didn't expect a new version to be released so soon. When I tried to see if I qualified for a free upgrade to X9, I found somewhere online, either here or elsewhere, language conveniently mentioning my purchase had to be a couple of months prior to the next release. Not knowing the actual release date was very convenient for them to get more money from me. Still when it had been released it was just barely a year since X8 was released and too soon in my opinion.

I think eventually all software companies will be going subscription only. It's the new fad now to squeeze more money out of customers for rental software.  I can't justify it for software that I don't use very often.  As long as older software still works on whatever my current OS is I will continue to use it.  Who wants a subscription to everything then have to keep up with it year after year.  No thanks.

Children
No Data