Add-in for on-screen Surface Dial support

Hello all,

I wanted to let you know that Corel recently released a free add-in for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2017.1 that expands the Surface Dial support to include On-Screen mode when used with a Microsoft Surface Studio or the new Microsoft Surface Pro. You can learn more about the Dial add-in in my blog post and can download it from the www.coreldraw.com/graphicsforsurface 

We've made initial tests of this add-in with the recently launched Dell Canvas, and Dell's Totem seems to be compatible with the on-screen mode as well (it's the same Wheel API). This add-in also fixed a small issue with the Pen support of the new Microsoft Surface Pro.

Happy CorelDRAWing!

Gérard

Parents
  • Gerard, this new focus on sketching is going to leave Draw users wanting. Unless you radically alter how Smart Fill works (and we have given you enough ideas over the years)  the end result is going to be more frustration.

Its all very well for a user to be able to sketch nicely on a big touch screen, but monochrome lineart isn't likely to be the desired end goal. A user its going to want to apply colour, and there's the rub. Smart Fill is nowhere near good enough and never has been. I know because my whole design portfolio has been created from lineart, (albeit using the bezier tool in a more structured way than sketching) and thence to filled closed objects via some method of Tracing. And yes I still use Trace v12 rather than Powertrace because it is superior for tracing lineart and a heck of a lot quicker.

IF you want to make the most of this new sketching feature you're going to have to come up with the goods for converting/adding filled objects from enclosed regions (CCCFER remember that? Google it and K.N.Peppers name will crop up on old forum posts). Did you know that there are applications out there that automatically create a filled object from a closed region bounded by curves/objects? Niche maybe, but thats where you need to go with this. I'm not going to advertise the name of that app, PM if you would like to know.

Reply Children
No Data