Problem Saving Files in Photo-Paint 2017

I purchased the 2017 Suite recently after getting a new Windows 10 Laptop. I have been using the suite for about 25 years. Most recently on my Windows 7 laptop, I was using Version X3.

I have been using this new version for a few weeks now, and have been managing to use it. I'm finding it quite different, but I'm slowly finding the features I was used to using in my previous version.

Today I downloaded some images from my camera and brought them into Corel Photo-Paint so I could crop them and resize them. The first image worked fine. After that, every time I tried to save an image, the program quit working and I couldn't save anything. I even tried bringing in a previously saved image which I cropped and tried to save under a new name, and again, the program crashed.

I took the same images over to my old laptop with the X3 version, and it worked perfectly. So I don't think there was anything weird about the images.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do? I will appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you.