Cutter/Plotter software

I know there are several high priced software solutions out there for the cutter. Is there a third party software that can take what is on the CorelDRAW Screen and sent it to the cutter with one click of the button. Something that does not open another program or that I have to import the design to. I want to simply click a button and start cutting.

Please let me know what software you are using, How much you paid for it and what you like most about it. I am looking to increase production in the shop and if the design is all ready to cut, IE no overlapping lines, sized properly, etc. then why can we just send it to the cutters. Right no I have FlexiSign and hate the time it takes to Export, Import, Fix, then send to cut. The transition from a CorelDRAW file to that program drives me nuts and I just cant find a good filter to use that does not make me fix something that is just fine in CorelDRAW.

Anyone else frustrated? Or is it just hot in here.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Ron; One thing to think about when buying a cutter or cutting software is the limit of the cutter, a cutter could have a 60" length limit so you wouldn't have to have a software that would cut a 150' roll without paneling, Also you wouldn't want a 60" limit software to hold a unlimited length cutter back.
      The other thing to keep in mind is what do you want the cutting software to do, do a shadow in Corel takes a little extra work to get it to look GOOD when cut, where as SignLab is the best software for it that I have found, ( But is it worth the extra money? ) Corel can make any type of sign design that you could want, the longer you use it and the better you get to know it the less time it takes to get a job ready for cutting. Printing and cutting vinyl are not always done with the same layout, ( No blending of colors with vinyl unless you are willing to use a air brush ) The vinyl makes a longer lasting sign. ( It doesn't UV as fast ) If you need a sign to last the longest stay away from red's They sun fade first.)

George

Children
No Data