Using Corel x4 to draw Manga

I am wondering if anyone uses the drawing tools such as brazier tool etc. in CorelDraw to create Manga Art.  I have Corel x3 on my laptop under Vista and I have played around with it a little, but I have a new PC running Windows7 and apparently x3 won't work so I will have to buy x4 full version since my x3 CD was broken.  I hate the steep price, but if it is a viable way to go for drawing Manga I guess I will swallow very hard and do it.  A lot of money for a hobby tho;(

I am not all that good at taking a pencil and drawing, but when I can draw a line in Corel and then adjust it, I do ok...

Any information would be helpful....thank you

Parents
No Data
  • There is an animated comedy series that runs on, I believe, The Comedy Channel, that is called "South Park". The characters are created in CorelDRAW and then exported to another software application, for the animation portion of the creation.

I use the bezier tool, along with a few other tools, to create drawings. I am not into anime creation, but the CorelDRAW tools I use would be the same that any person would use to create anime drawings.

To see what some of the possibilities are, with CorelDRAW, look over the Galleries section of this web site, it may give you some ideas, also. And as you progress, you will probably end u with questions on technique. There are plenty of people, on this forum, that would be glad to help you learn more about Corel's CGS.

Children