Corel DRAW X4 and Windows7 64bit

Recently installed Win7 64bit, and Corel Draw X4 won't install. I just get an error message saying The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows that you're running. I've tried installing in compatibility mode for everything since XP SP2 and no luck. I was running Vista 64bit before and it ran fine.

Parents
  • Jeffrsnapln said:

Recently installed Win7 64bit, and Corel Draw X4 won't install. I just get an error message saying The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows that you're running. I've tried installing in compatibility mode for everything since XP SP2 and no luck. I was running Vista 64bit before and it ran fine.

I've been using X4 on a Win7 x64 computer for the last few months without problems, installing from the original DVD and then upgrading to the latest Service Pack / Hot fix. There is no need to use the compatibility mode nor install as an administrator. I suppose you have followed the instructions in the read-me file to disable the anti-virus software (some are conflicting the installation)?

I would recommend you contact the Corel technical support as we provide free support for installation problems - http://www.corel.com/contactus

Gérard

Reply Children
No Data