CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5?

I've decided to compile a list of features and enhancements that i would like to see in an updated version, i would like to invite all users to add your suggestions as well, i would love to learn what others think of my suggestions and what suggestions you have to make CorelDRAW Graphics Suite the ultimate undisputed champ in every way. Below are ideas and enhancements i have come up with so far but i'll keep looking for more ideas and again welcome all your ideas as well.

CorelDRAWX5

1.       Feather vector objects and have it remain live and be able to adjust properties interactively or through property bar and possibly docker

2.       Inner Glow that applies drop shadow to inside of object and remains live

3.       Fix mesh fill tool so its cleaner like illustrator

4.       Be able to use distortion tools on mesh filled object

5.       Graph tool (makes graphs from  imputed data like illustrator)

6.       Radial Graph tool, (functions like graph tool but in a circle instead)

7.       Better distortion tools like illustrator ( Twist, Warp, Pucker, Bloat, Scallop, Crystallize, Wrinkle)

8.       Tool to be able to select all tools with same addributes by fill, outline, fill and outline, transparency for easy modification

9.       Be able to use tables to export for web and have them maintain their table structure in html

10.   Be able to lock cells so that you don’t move contents already place in cell and be able to easily pick cell contents

11.   Crop mark tool

12.   Slices tool

13.   Fix problem with extra white pixel generated when exporting bitmaps

14.   Export to RIFF and have it maintain as vector or be able to choose as bitmap but retain alpha (AI is import into Painter generated in Draw is a nightmare.)

15.   Preview all bitmap effects in effect browser like in Photoshop or Paint shop pro,

16.   Perspective Grid like Painter or  Freehand with the choice of as many points and grid spacing

17.   Better perspective tool and be able to use Perspective grid with it and have standard perspectives as presets – Isometric etc. or enter degrees and rotation

18.   Be able to select and manipulate nodes of more than one object possibly using a similar tool to lasso tool in illustrator

19.   Be able to easily move tabs up or down in dockers or nest tabs together vertically or horozontally

20.   Show bitmap info in bottom status bar

21.   Improve Bevel. Make it interactive, have other options like smooth and adjust bevel curve and be able to select whether the output is a vector or raster and add a preview check box

22.   Improve scrapbook (navigation, thumbnail size, save favorite locations

23.   Improve colour management , add wizard that guides through setup program

24.   Ghost out all object but have them remain visible during edit powerclip for placement

25.   Easily select all object with same styles or fill, outline, transparency, dropshadow and easily replace with desired changes

26.   Enter color values in hex when manually choosing values in the colour dialogue.

27.   Add round corners and chamfer to contour options

28.   Easily change overall shading of UI by using a slider or choose custom colour

29.   Be able to easily extract only 1 or more selected object without using clipboard from powerclip

30.   Improve dockers to show tabs when closed by icon, name or tabs.

31.   Keep list of all applied effect to be able to delete any effect independently of all others like illustrator attributes as well as easily modify the parameters for each

32.   Have Graphic and text styles also be able to retain glow, transparency, contour and other effects to be easily applied to other objects

33.   Fix bitmap info in status bar

35.   Lock toolbars in place and prevent from moving

36.   Button right next to scroller button in bottom right corner that activates zoom slider

37.   Vertical type tool, (Artistic, Paragraph and Along a path) (illustrator)

Corel Photo-Paint

38.   Have corel draw vector tools available and within pp and be able to maintain all obejects as vectors and editable like in corel draw until user chooses to rasterize otherwise keep as a vector layer

39.   Import vectors to vector layer

40.   Treat vectors layers like in draw for manipulation and fill, outline etc…

41.   Have effects remain live so that they can be adjusted if desired

.   -  Preview all bitmap effects in effect browser like in Photoshop or Paint shop pro,

Pr 

Parents
  • It seems you use other S/W more than CorelDraw. Some of your feature requests sound good. I am adding my comments on those. I have skipped some where either I am not much concerned or I personally do not require such changes in CorelDraw. Any Way these are my personal opinions. As Yani has posted, more & more Corel users will and should definately peep in to this. It's nice of Gerard to notice your post.

Hope to see better & better CorelDraw Suites. X5 .................Xn.

My opinions : 

Tool to be able to select all tools with same addributes by fill, outline, fill and outline, transparency for easy modification

I think you are saying objects & not tools. Right ?
    I take it as : Tool to be able to select all OBJECTS with same addributes ............
    Find objects under Edit does some of your task easy. You can also save your search.

Preview all bitmap effects in effect browser like in Photoshop or Paint shop pro,
    Sounds good but I feel, this could be a better solution for beginers. In my case, the bitmap effect or the entire design to that matter, is pre-decided / pre thought. Just few options to be tried out with the effect & its done. Preview window for the selected effect & its result is already in Corel.

Show bitmap info in bottom status bar
    This was there in previous Corel Versions. The same is already discussed in the Beta forum. This must must come back.

Improve colour management , add wizard that guides through setup program
    A photo print was shipped with my version 8 box. A calibrated reference picture supplied  by Corel to adjust the monitor colours & scanners settings for WYSIWYG.  Hope it is back.

Ghost out all object but have them remain visible during edit powerclip for placement
    Did not get you. Can you elaborate ?

Easily select all object with same styles or fill, outline, transparency, dropshadow and easily replace with desired changes
    This seems to be repeated. Find & replace works fine with such requirements. I agree, this can be further improved by Corel.

Enter color values in hex when manually choosing values in the colour dialogue.
    Hmmm. The primary use of Corel (Print Media) does not require such feature. However may be added for those who need. Web designers I suppose.

Add round corners and chamfer to contour options
    Has got an easy workaround with some additional clicks & commands.

Easily change overall shading of UI by using a slider or choose custom colour
    Cannot take it as a value addition to CorelDraw

Be able to easily extract only 1 or more selected object without using clipboard from powerclip
    That's it. Must be there.

Keep list of all applied effect to be able to delete any effect independently of all others like illustrator attributes as well as easily modify the parameters for each
    May be another UNDO/REDO list that keeps object wise record of transformations/effects. That too till the list is deleted by the user. In fact the normal (existing) UNDO/REDO list also should be saved with the file till the user wants to delete it. Could be a nightmare for the programmers at Corel as they may have to consider lots of issues like the file size, memory and ................

Have Graphic and text styles also be able to retain glow, transparency, contour and other effects to be easily applied to other objects
    Copy effect or Clone Effect works fine and can be a workaround for some of your requirements. Text styles can be improved. May be, the text styles can be used for extracting table of content or indexing in bookwork in CorelDraw. This may require a VBA macro.

Fix bitmap info in status bar
    Again a repeated request

Lock toolbars in place and prevent from moving
    I have no problems even if the toolbars are not locked. May be I am used to it.

Button right next to scroller button in bottom right corner that activates zoom slider
    Have you observed a icon with a lens(X4) below the scroll bar at bottom right. It is there in several previous Corel versions. I know, it isn't a zoom slider, but is a tool that navigates or takes you to the desired area in the artwork. Best tool to work with over size artworks. I feel, its a matter of practice. For zoom in & zoom out - F2, F3 & F4 keys are doing well in Corel.

Vertical type tool, (Artistic, Paragraph and Along a path) (illustrator)
    You can type along the path whether verticle, horizontal or any angle by just clicking within the hot zone of the path in CorelDraw. For the rest, don't you feel its a bit odd task to type vertically. In fact I always type horizontally then rotate the text object as desired. Making corrections in vertical text or especially the text rotated in 180 Degrees is the funniest task. Thanks to Corel for providing Text Edit box (Accessed with Shift+Control+T)

Reply Children