Convert"text on a path" to a Curv

I created a path and fitted text to that path and everthing looks great.  I now want to convert it to a curve.  When I do so the text tuns into the curve but no longer follows the path.  It is now a straight line.  It seems simple enough but I can't figure it out.  Why doesn't it keep to the path when I convert it to a curve?   If this can't be done is there a way to fit the "curve" text to a path without having to minipulate each letter at a time?    It seems like a simple task and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
  • Compusupplies said:

I created a path and fitted text to that path and everthing looks great.  I now want to convert it to a curve.  When I do so the text tuns into the curve but no longer follows the path.  It is now a straight line.  It seems simple enough but I can't figure it out.  Why doesn't it keep to the path when I convert it to a curve?   If this can't be done is there a way to fit the "curve" text to a path without having to minipulate each letter at a time?    It seems like a simple task and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Are you using Paragraph Text? That will cause your outcome. You need to use Artistic Text or convert the Paragraph text to Artistic text before using Fit to Path.

Children