Vector cutting using Corel Draw X4

don't konw if any other user out the has come across this problem but I need a higher definition vector output . I am using Corel Draw X4 version 14.0.0.701 as the controlling software to output to my Trotec Laser for engraving and cutting. The output for engraving is stunning and am totally happy with that but the vector output for cutting is not to the quality I need. Does anyone know if there are any settings within Corel Draw to increase the quality, definition, smoother tool path for the vector output. At the moment I am using 1000 DPi setting with vector cutting but this is still not satisfactory. At the moment the curvres are coming out faceted (if only slightly) and I have a requirement for perfect job. The laser will handle the quality if I was to go to CAM software but cannot afford or warrant the cost for just this one off job. Any hint or help would be gratefully recieved.

Parents
No Data
  • I don't understand What Corel Draw X4 version 14.0.0.701 is or where a setting of 1000 DPI is made. Is this some other Corel software or are you simply cutting from Corel Draw X4? I have had what seemed like a problem like you are having, happen to me. I discovered that  what appeared to be a smooth curve was actually a series of of straight segments connected together. It was some clipart I had pasted into the design. I think this may be your case also since without any 'settings' at all (other than the outlines set to hairline) being made, my Roland will cut perfectly smooth curves with absolutely no facets. Perhaps you can test this yourself by creating a simple file in Corel Draw of an an elipse and see what happens when to try and cut the file. - Scotty  

Children
No Data