Preview pane and thumbnails don't work under Windows 7

Hi,

last week I purchased and installed CorelDraw X4. After I had watched the video tutorials I wanted to try out the preview function in the Windows Explorer which should work with Vista and Windows 7. A double click starts Corel X4 properly, but the preview or the thumbnail function doesn't work (message "no preview available"). Curiously the Corel paint Fotos work in the preview pane. Only cdr-files aren't previewed.

In the scrapbook the cdr files are displayed correctly.

Does anyone has an idea how to activate this preview function?

I thank you very much from German!

Gonzo

Parents
No Data
  • Hi,

i had the same problem when i installed the X6 technical suite, 

this is how i solved it:

Step 1) right-click on a .cdr file and go to proprieties, then click on "Change" under (Opens with) and associate it with any other program in your computer (i associated it with Adobe Illustrator) then click ok, then you'll see all your .cdr files' icones have changed to the program you associated them with.

Step 2) after that right-click on a .CDR again and go again to change and change it back to CorelDraw.

but you have to do it this way: in Step 2, you right-click on the CDR file and under (opens with) click on "change" and you'll see a list of most the programs you have in your computer but DON'T click on Corel Draw on that list, you should click on "Browse" and find the program "corel draw" in program files then click on it

this sloved my problem.

Children