simple questions..

Im new to coreldraw, always use Photoshop, but am now producing a monthly mag (which is why im not having to use corel).

Few things im getting stuck on, probably very simple, but I cant work it out quickly...

1. When i make a text box and enter text in it. i want to drag the outer corners to make the text the width of the page for example. can this be done? or do i have to keep selecting / highlighting the text and then select the size at the top of the screen.?

2. I have an image, and i want to crop, where is the option to do so?

3. When i make a new document, is the pixels settings defaulted at 300 dpi?

4. Bleed - is it correct that i just manually make the A4 page size + 3mm and then i can drag in the guidelines? is there a way of when i set the guidelines for the tops and sides (so i know my limits within the page) - for these guides to be duplicated onto every page?

Parents
No Data
  • Hi

If it is an Artistic Text then you can drag its handles (Handles : Black squares seen on selecting an object by pick tool). Use corner handles for proportionate resizing. NOTE : If the text is a paragraph text then the size of the frame will change and the text size remains as it was defined.

charlottecyprus said:
    1. When i make a text box and enter text in it. i want to drag the outer corners to make the text the width of the page for example. can this be done? or do i have to keep selecting / highlighting the text and then select the size at the top of the screen.?

You can crop an image with Shape tool. Select the nodes of an image, drag to crop. You need to apply cropping by clicking the "Crop bitmap" button on the menu bar.

charlottecyprus said:
    2. I have an image, and i want to crop, where is the option to do so?

New document is defaulted for 300 dpi. This applies to the drop shadows and interactive transperancies. If an image is imported, it comes with its native dpi.

charlottecyprus said:
    3. When i make a new document, is the pixels settings defaulted at 300 dpi?

I normally take the page size as my final job cut size and increase the sizes of the objects in my file with 3 mm bleed on required sides. In X4 You can have the common guidelines on Master Guides layer to have it on all pages and individual page guides on a normal layer on that particular page

charlottecyprus said:
    4. Bleed - is it correct that i just manually make the A4 page size + 3mm and then i can drag in the guidelines? is there a way of when i set the guidelines for the tops and sides (so i know my limits within the page) - for these guides to be duplicated onto every page?

Children
No Data