simple questions..

Im new to coreldraw, always use Photoshop, but am now producing a monthly mag (which is why im not having to use corel).

Few things im getting stuck on, probably very simple, but I cant work it out quickly...

1. When i make a text box and enter text in it. i want to drag the outer corners to make the text the width of the page for example. can this be done? or do i have to keep selecting / highlighting the text and then select the size at the top of the screen.?

2. I have an image, and i want to crop, where is the option to do so?

3. When i make a new document, is the pixels settings defaulted at 300 dpi?

4. Bleed - is it correct that i just manually make the A4 page size + 3mm and then i can drag in the guidelines? is there a way of when i set the guidelines for the tops and sides (so i know my limits within the page) - for these guides to be duplicated onto every page?

Parents
No Data
  • charlottecyprus said:
    Im new to coreldraw, always use Photoshop, but am now producing a monthly mag (which is why im not having to use corel).

I'm working on a book at the moment.

Like you, I've previously preferred PS over CD in creating effects.

I find it faster for me to have all the effects done in PS then import to CD.

As for the resolution, CD is a vector program while PS is a bitmap program (someone reminded me about that when I first join the forum). So one major difference when working in CD is that it does not reflect the actual pixel when you zoom in and out like it is in PS. But if you always work on images above 72dpi, that shall not be an issue for normal small size printing (A4 and below).

I am quite uncertain about the resolution too. While the default DPI setting in the Option is meant for rendering effects, and the images are with the original resolution, what about text? Does it has a default resolution? I'm not sure about that but so far I have no issue with resolution in CD.

Children
No Data