simple questions..

Im new to coreldraw, always use Photoshop, but am now producing a monthly mag (which is why im not having to use corel).

Few things im getting stuck on, probably very simple, but I cant work it out quickly...

1. When i make a text box and enter text in it. i want to drag the outer corners to make the text the width of the page for example. can this be done? or do i have to keep selecting / highlighting the text and then select the size at the top of the screen.?

2. I have an image, and i want to crop, where is the option to do so?

3. When i make a new document, is the pixels settings defaulted at 300 dpi?

4. Bleed - is it correct that i just manually make the A4 page size + 3mm and then i can drag in the guidelines? is there a way of when i set the guidelines for the tops and sides (so i know my limits within the page) - for these guides to be duplicated onto every page?

Parents
No Data
  • To charlottecyprus and all 'newbies' out there…

Since you are new to CorelDraw and have a lot of questions I suggest that you visit CorelDraw Tip & Tricks. It it s website put out by CorelDraw and the information there will be invaluable to you. http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Section/Display&sid=1047024315119&gid=1047024354238&cid=1047024354496 

Over many years I have taught myself CD and PhotoPaint so when I need to know how to do something, I research on the internet. I have copied many of the above tips to my computer as reference documents. I have been surprised a number of times by the things that CorelDraw and PP do that I didn't realize they could. Also on the above-mentioned page you can also click on the Tutorials (left hand menu bar) and it will provide a another long list of tutorials which you can copy to your computer for study and future reference.

Additionally, if you go to www.youtube.com and do a search on 'coreldraw x3 tutorials' there are apparently 109 videos tutorials. I have looked at some of them and they are in many cases very well done and very informative. If you get the free 'Realplayer' it will let you download any of the videos you find there.

Happy reading and learning. 

Children
No Data